• Forum membership has its advantages....

HELP!! Cant crank Preload!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Help!! I have the whole truck done. I got the rear leafs in, coilovers on, engine cage built, I am ready to get out of here and goto the desert. BUT I have a big problem!

The truck sits almost on the bump stops in the front. I need to crank more preload right now there is like maybe an inch. But I cant get it to go anymore its to tight! I took the upper balljoint off and tryed to drop it and it wnt the whole 12 inches of the shaft but now its getting to hard to turn anymore!!

Anyone know what to do? I have been wating for a week to get this done. All my friends are waiting for me in the desert heh!

Help!!

Go Big Or Go Home

fishd00d

What A Joke
Well I got it kinda. Good enough for now.

I'm outa here!! Desert Herre I come!

Go Big Or Go Home

Flea

you need a coil spring compressor

GOD BLESS AMERICA! and hopefully my poor truck too.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
sounds like your hoops are outta wack.

kris

If you wanted a steak you shouldn't have went to McDonald's!

vwguy

i think you didnt compensate for the preload when you made your hoops

how ironic is it that most people slow down for speed bumps yet almost all of us here im sure pin it

fishd00d

What A Joke
Well I got a coil compressor and it worked enough I think. I could not make the hoops any other way than they are. It should be ok now, I have to put the rear springs under the axle than I am all set.

Go Big Or Go Home

gary

i never found the final answer of what originally broke/stripped...t-bar or socket????

fishd00d

What A Joke
That question might never be answered :) The socket is STUCK on the bar and WILL NOT come off heh. I guess the only way to really tell is to maybe cut the socket open. I'll try this tomorrow and let ya know.

Go Big Or Go Home