• Forum membership has its advantages....

Help ID a 9 car I just bought

y2kbaja

I know it was raced in VORRA about 2010-2014 era. I did not buy it from the racer but know the racer who had it. I will be contacting him via mail to find info. I'm just seeing if anyone on here recognizes the chassis and or car prior to this. The title says Jimco but also says 1971 so not sure of the validity of that. If it is a Jimco where might a Jimco serial / frame number be?

Attachments

Bro_Gill

Really doesn't look like a Jimco. They usually have 2 bows for the upper frame rail to gain clearance for the passenger area. That almost looks like an old Raceco.

y2kbaja

Here is a picture with the hood off.
I have an address for the previous owner. I'm going to email him and see if he has any information or history of the car.

Attachments

ACME

I'm with BroGil and don't think it's a Jimco. Regardless, consider double shearing the real shocks.

If anyone is looking Jimco 9 car, the Damon Jeffries 2 seat 9 car is sitting in a garage in OC as a roller. It with a fresh trans, all new Mohr motor and new Silcock beam with pretty much everything needed to complete it and most of it is new.

tapeworm

If the chassis resembles this car it is most likely a Raceco or copy of a Raceco. Credit to Bill Thompson from Carrera Photography for uploading his photos from years past.

887A7D14-E703-474F-ADF7-750DB0FA5BF0.pngBF2C20FE-8D7E-458B-AF6E-919919D8E868.png416B552A-656E-4F67-89A6-5AF9618DCAAA.png

y2kbaja

I thought I would update this thread with some re-build pictures. Unfortunately the guy I got it from didn't take very good care of it. It was just a play car for him and he liked the mud, not washing it and storing it outside. So there was a lot of surface rust and crud everywhere. A week before lockdown I decided to go down to bare frame to clean and build back up. With furloughed hours I have 7-days off every two weeks so I've gotten a lot done. If anyplace opens up to test we'll be up and running next weekend.

Attachments

mrmatt

Looking good!

C. Ellis

A couple updates. I was able to run the car in my backyard yesterday finding a couple issues but nothing serious. She’s ready for the desert hopefully next weekend and first race very soon.
Come race the skull rush 250!

Bro_Gill

That cage may be unsafe at any speed with all those but welds on it. Really should look into fixing it right for your safety.