HELP ID, class 9?

Langley210

Hey everyone, I have been looking into getting a class 9 car to race in some events next year could you guys tell me if this is a class 9, it has a 1500 vw motor
1DE18B4B-C7DC-4FE7-A439-8D3A3D6CD05E.jpeg
BBE8A1D8-FEB3-4830-A827-9765D71D90FB.jpeg

jon coleman

if the price is right, race it, just add some more correct roll bar tubes......Please!!!AND, if those are THOSE Plastic seats, Get em' outta here!!!

mrmatt

Not a 9 car and wouldn't be worth trying to turn it into a 9 car

tapeworm

So what are the differences between this and a 9, would I be better off going class 11?
Just looking at it quickly.
1. It’s a sand rail chassis someone tried to strengthen up by adding bars too. It was never built to be strong enough to race.
2. The front beam is link pin. Class 9 is ball joint only. Front end has to be cut off and redone.
3. It has a spun aluminum tank in it. Has to have a fuel cell to race.
4. Those seats will wreck your back in a 9 car. Need to be replaced with a real racing style seat so you don’t have to be cut out of those seats after the race.
5.Class 9 is only allowed 1 shock per wheel, so the rear needs to be re-done as well.

For the amount of money you dump into that car, you could build a purpose built 9 car from the ground up. You will spend more in fab work replacing the cage than it would cost to build a brand new chassis. Your best option is to buy a used 9 car. The best bang for the buck in offroad racing. Also the roughest tide in offroad racing too just as a heads up.

jon coleman

Just looking at it quickly.
1. It’s a sand rail chassis someone tried to strengthen up by adding bars too. It was never built to be strong enough to race.
2. The front beam is link pin. Class 9 is ball joint only. Front end has to be cut off and redone.
3. It has a spun aluminum tank in it. Has to have a fuel cell to race.
4. Those seats will wreck your back in a 9 car. Need to be replaced with a real racing style seat so you don’t have to be cut out of those seats after the race.
5.Class 9 is only allowed 1 shock per wheel, so the rear needs to be re-done as well.

For the amount of money you dump into that car, you could build a purpose built 9 car from the ground up. You will spend more in fab work replacing the cage than it would cost to build a brand new chassis. Your best option is to buy a used 9 car. The best bang for the buck in offroad racing. Also the roughest tide in offroad racing too just as a heads up.
or class 11, you can make your racing debut at koh;)( is 11 cls ball joint only too?

Jacob Wisdom

If you don't already own that buggy, I don't recommend buying it. If you do, I believe you could run it in SNORE class 18 or sportsman, assuming the cage is legal. It's not legal in either class 11 or 9 for a number of practically irreconcilable reasons.

At any rate, best bet is to get something else. As mentioned class 9 is economical as far as racing goes. You could build a class 11 for reasonably cheap, though making it competitive is another story. Always cheaper to buy something already built than to piece together a project.