HELP ID, class 9?

Langley210

Reaction
Hey everyone, I have been looking into getting a class 9 car to race in some events next year could you guys tell me if this is a class 9, it has a 1500 vw motor
1DE18B4B-C7DC-4FE7-A439-8D3A3D6CD05E.jpeg
BBE8A1D8-FEB3-4830-A827-9765D71D90FB.jpeg

jon coleman

Reaction
if the price is right, race it, just add some more correct roll bar tubes......Please!!!AND, if those are THOSE Plastic seats, Get em' outta here!!!

mrmatt

Reaction
Not a 9 car and wouldn't be worth trying to turn it into a 9 car

Langley210

Reaction
So what are the differences between this and a 9, would I be better off going class 11?

tapeworm

Reaction
So what are the differences between this and a 9, would I be better off going class 11?
Just looking at it quickly.
1. It’s a sand rail chassis someone tried to strengthen up by adding bars too. It was never built to be strong enough to race.
2. The front beam is link pin. Class 9 is ball joint only. Front end has to be cut off and redone.
3. It has a spun aluminum tank in it. Has to have a fuel cell to race.
4. Those seats will wreck your back in a 9 car. Need to be replaced with a real racing style seat so you don’t have to be cut out of those seats after the race.
5.Class 9 is only allowed 1 shock per wheel, so the rear needs to be re-done as well.

For the amount of money you dump into that car, you could build a purpose built 9 car from the ground up. You will spend more in fab work replacing the cage than it would cost to build a brand new chassis. Your best option is to buy a used 9 car. The best bang for the buck in offroad racing. Also the roughest tide in offroad racing too just as a heads up.

jon coleman

Reaction
Just looking at it quickly.
1. It’s a sand rail chassis someone tried to strengthen up by adding bars too. It was never built to be strong enough to race.
2. The front beam is link pin. Class 9 is ball joint only. Front end has to be cut off and redone.
3. It has a spun aluminum tank in it. Has to have a fuel cell to race.
4. Those seats will wreck your back in a 9 car. Need to be replaced with a real racing style seat so you don’t have to be cut out of those seats after the race.
5.Class 9 is only allowed 1 shock per wheel, so the rear needs to be re-done as well.

For the amount of money you dump into that car, you could build a purpose built 9 car from the ground up. You will spend more in fab work replacing the cage than it would cost to build a brand new chassis. Your best option is to buy a used 9 car. The best bang for the buck in offroad racing. Also the roughest tide in offroad racing too just as a heads up.
or class 11, you can make your racing debut at koh;)( is 11 cls ball joint only too?

Jacob Wisdom

Reaction
If you don't already own that buggy, I don't recommend buying it. If you do, I believe you could run it in SNORE class 18 or sportsman, assuming the cage is legal. It's not legal in either class 11 or 9 for a number of practically irreconcilable reasons.

At any rate, best bet is to get something else. As mentioned class 9 is economical as far as racing goes. You could build a class 11 for reasonably cheap, though making it competitive is another story. Always cheaper to buy something already built than to piece together a project.