Help please

Tango

RDC Crypto
I want to start racing off road trucks not on the track i have a ford ranger i am going to build and would like to know where i ned to go to know the specs on what exactly i need for the build and what class i would need to do. Thank you very much for all the help.

GMS739

RDC Crypto
Re: Help pleas

what class do you want to race. some times its cheaper to buy it built than build it your self.

biffgnar

RDC Crypto
Get a rulebook and read it. Will give you an idea of the different classes and what you'd be looking at if you wanted to build your current truck. I'd say buying built you're likely to get better deal, although you have to know what your buying and be careful. You want to buy a decent car that somebody just needs to sell, rather than get stuck with somebody else's POS that they finally got fed up with. You also need to put together a real budget. Need to understand all the expenses in addition to the car (e.g. entry fees, fuel, spare parts, travel expenses, etc.). There is no cheap racing.

TurboTime

RDC Crypto
If you are not sure about the specs and classes for offroad trucks maybe you should look at a pre built one.

bajafox

Accepted
RDC Crypto
Re: Help pleas

what class do you want to race. some times its cheaper to buy it built than build it your self.

From reading his first post it doesn't seem like he knows what classes are available to him

If he has a Ranger that he wants to build, start with a sportsman class

jowoog

RDC Crypto
how much money do you have , or access too ....?

carbaholic

RDC Crypto
Website
www.hapnasty.com
You should give short course another thought, It's a great way to get started, especially if you're on a budget.