• Forum membership has its advantages....

Help, really concerned about fabrication and axle angles

RaceTec Pistons

****, now that I am looking more at the pictures it doesn't look like the torsion housing is tied into anything other than the horns and engine cage? Shouldn't there be something more structural inside that ties to the torsion housing?

Attachments

RaceTec Pistons

Jake was super cool and actually answered a couple questions for me but is unfortunately too busy to take a heap like this on. So still looking for recommendations on someone that might be able to help me. I think new rear arms, new rear cage, etc... Jake was also nice enough to inform me on using the stock pan verses VIN to build and keep it street legal, I was misinformed on that also...

RaceTec Pistons

I wasn't going to post who the builder was but I also don't want people assuming it was the wrong people!
It wasn't McNeil, it was John Moseley of Mosebilt...

michael.gonzalez

He is an experienced fabricator but I think his forte is crawlers and IFS 4x4 stuff but I may be wrong.
He makes some neat stuff for sure but he may have been out of his usual realm with this bug build.

Just my 2c. Not defending him but explains the mix of good and bad fabrication.

RaceTec Pistons

The front suspension was done by Nichols Fabrication and the rear arms were done by Dave Brown. I had the pan, front and rear arms, when John was recommended. The entire rest of the car fabrication, wiring, and assembly was done by Moseley... He knew what the plan was, what engine, what transmission, everything...