Help! Where Can I rent a Jeep/Truck to drive one way from Tijuana to Cabo?

engine698

Reaction
Hey Guys! I need your help! My buddy and I are planning a 7 day trip from Tijuana to Cabo. We want to rent a 4x4 in Tijuana (or San Diego) and drop it off in Cabo at the end of our trip. We need a 4x4 to reach some of the epic spots that Baja has to offer. Does anyone have any ideas of who/where I could find a one way 4x4 rental? I haven't found a US or Mexican company that does this. The vehicle needs to be street legal.
Thanks for your help!
Stephen

engine698

Reaction
Crickets. Anyone have ANY ideas? Debating paying a nice member to drive my f150 back to San Diego from Cabo if I ship my truck to San Diego from Texas...

Would love to hear other ideas!

engine698

Reaction
CABAJA.COM
Thank you for the idea! I found this company but they don’t do one way rentals... I would have to rent in San Diego and return to San Diego. Trying to find a company that rents one way from either San Diego or Tijuana with a drop off in Cabo. Thank you though!

engine698

Reaction
$4k delivered to San Diego. Drop off in Cabo .
Thank you for the response! So $4 covers transport of my truck from dallas to San Diego and then transport from Cabo back to Dallas? How can you get my truck back across the border from Mexico into the US? Thank you!

43mod

Reaction
Funny how we enterpret things differently. I was going to deliver my jeep to san diego and then retrieve it. I dont think you could do a Dallas round trip for that price. Cabo back to tj is probably $1500 or a bit less. What is your trip date ? Pm me.

jeff

Reaction
I've purchased cars outside the USA before (won't pass an MOT, etc) for way less than the cost of a two week rental. When I'm done with them I simply leave the key in the ignition and walk away. Like a rental car but so much better. Dents? Don't care. Totalled in a roundabout? Don't care.

So for your Baja adventure I'd buy a cheap 4x4 "street legal" vehicle and then attempt to sell it (or abandon it) once I got to Cabo. If you've got $4k to drop on transport alone you could probably spend 1/2 that and purchase a pretty decent vehicle that should be sufficient for 1 run down the peninsula.

Bonus points if you could bury / hide it in the desert and then reuse it on another adventure some day. Maybe a Cabo to San Diego run?

Aloha

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
I've purchased cars outside the USA before (won't pass an MOT, etc) for way less than the cost of a two week rental. When I'm done with them I simply leave the key in the ignition and walk away. Like a rental car but so much better. Dents? Don't care. Totalled in a roundabout? Don't care.

So for your Baja adventure I'd buy a cheap 4x4 "street legal" vehicle and then attempt to sell it (or abandon it) once I got to Cabo. If you've got $4k to drop on transport alone you could probably spend 1/2 that and purchase a pretty decent vehicle that should be sufficient for 1 run down the peninsula.

Bonus points if you could bury / hide it in the desert and then reuse it on another adventure some day. Maybe a Cabo to San Diego run?

Aloha
love this idea!
2000 GMC Sierra 2500
95 Chevy suburban
1994 Chevy blazer 4x4

BGRANT

Reaction
I have a very Baja capable 4wd Tundara in SD that I need to get to Cabo (cerritos)