• Forum membership has its advantages....

Help with ball joints on a IFS Dana50

outlaws4x4

Hi i am hoping somone can help me out with some information on the ball joints on a Dana50 IFS.

I brought the housing as is and have had to rebuild almost all of it. I dont know what year or series truck it is off exactly. i think it is off a F250-F350 year 1980-1992 like i said im not 100% sure.
Dose somone know what the part numbers are for a set of ball joints for this houing? Also where would be a good place to buy some from? I am in Austalia and i have already ordered one set but they turned out to be wrong, they look like they have the wrong taper.

This is the ball joints i am talking about...

Thankyou

Any large "Ford" style tie rod end will work, they all use the same tapper.

The Dana 50 Twin-Traction Beam was used in most Ford F250s and some F350s, but not all, from 1980 through 1997. There were also solid axle versions of these trucks and a Dana 44 Heavy Duty TTB with 8 lugs during these years.

Your's looks to be a D50 TTB and not a D44HD TTB, so when ordering parts say it is a 1993 F250 with the Heavy Duty 4,600 lb. Axle.

outlaws4x4

Any large "Ford" style tie rod end will work, they all use the same tapper.

The Dana 50 Twin-Traction Beam was used in most Ford F250s and some F350s, but not all, from 1980 through 1997. There were also solid axle versions of these trucks and a Dana 44 Heavy Duty TTB with 8 lugs during these years.

Your's looks to be a D50 TTB and not a D44HD TTB, so when ordering parts say it is a 1993 F250 with the Heavy Duty 4,600 lb. Axle.
Thanks Ramsey you have been a big help.