Help with go pro arm

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
Hey guys can anyone please help me with suggestions on a good arm for the in car camera? The plastic ones never hold in place and i cant seem to find the one i used to have. It was metal and it was pretty sturdy always got the job done, any help would be greatly appreciated.

coryanderson

Reaction
Hey guys can anyone please help me with suggestions on a good arm for the in car camera? The plastic ones never hold in place and i cant seem to find the one i used to have. It was metal and it was pretty sturdy always got the job done, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I second this question!

M.Tornel Jr

Reaction
I actually meant mount and arm, thanks again!

J Prich

Reaction
Here's one potential solution...

coryanderson

Reaction
Here's one potential solution...

That looks like the one we just snapped in Johnson Valley.

swiftracing5

Reaction
I’d get ahold of 239 films, probably best is on IG. They have the golden ticket.

JerryB

Reaction
Check UPR, they have one. Haven't tried it so I can't speak to its quality. But looks stout.

Baja Fool

Reaction
I had this fabbed up for my GoPro.
20201130_170726 (3).jpg

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
I made one similar to this a while back and never had a problem with it. Now I just use a Ram mount that clamps on the cage. I also have a longer arm for it if I need it.
this one along the aluminuim ones are your best bet, installing 4-5 at races i learned the one with ram mounts its more easy to install, the aluminium one takes a little longer to align. the UPR its cool but if you lose one part, cant get replacements.

try to never never use too much the stock GoPro Mounts, i learned losing 5-7 cameras by the years, they fail, the plastic get old and prone to crack

1FASTBIGGUY

Reaction
I made one similar to this a while back and never had a problem with it. Now I just use a Ram mount that clamps on the cage. I also have a longer arm for it if I need it.
I have been using the Ram Mounts on the Class 5U car, Ultra 4 cars and Prerunner for the last two years without any issues.
They have a lot of options and I've put them in some pretty dumb places... Knock on wood, I haven't lost a camera yet.
Go check out @DustyDrone on Instagram and YouTube for footage.

dan200

#BSF200
Reaction
Hey guys 239 films was nice enough to send me this link probably going to go with this one

We (SDHQ) have these on my trailer and at the shop. I sell a lot of them. AND ya know who my biggest customers are for them? All the legit media/filmer guys. It is all they buy actually so that should tell ya something about quality.

CHINOLAS

Reaction

Miguel

When Red Bull did the driving dirty show in 2015 they installed 4 cameras on our car using this mounts, they said we could keep them after the race and that to me is the best Go Pro arm in the market, never lost a camera and multi position, just use a simple hose clamp and attach it to any part of your car.

IMG_9516.jpg
IMG_9515.jpg
IMG_9514.jpg

BBBBeans

Reaction
Just picked up a go pro mount from Joes racing products. going to give it a shot this weekend.
JOES Universal GoPro Mount - JOES Racing Products

Although after seeing this post I might have purchased the KW one due to price being lower and additional pivot axis it offers.

I have used the Ram mounts for a few years the only problem I'm having is the rubber pivot balls are starting to wear out so when I go to clean the lens mid race the camera ends up moving.

notime

NTR Films media guy
Reaction
Always double check you gopro plastic housings, spend 30 mins today looking for this one when I was testing

IMG_2991.jpg

AshtonP9

Reaction
I will definitely recommend the ram mount I've used many over the past few years and never had any issues and easy to attach and remove! I have also used the kw one and it is also very good but I like the adjustability of the ram mount a little better.