Help with my 04 Silverado

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
So I recently sold my 01 silverado, it had a RCD 6in lift with 35" tires.. My new truck is bone stock and I'm ready to change that.. I've been doing a little research and I had my sights set on a CST 4" spindle lift with 2" coilbucket spacers. That should put my truck right around a 5" lift(yes I kno 4+2=6 but that's how coil spacers work) anyways like most, I'm on a budget. The cst is pretty pricey. I know that it is fabricated, but my old trucks spindle was cast and I never had a problem with it..(I don't offroad that much just on race weekends when I haul tools out) my question is, since you guys know much more than me, is the cst really worth the extra cash? Or should I just grab a cast spindle? I'm leaving all the suspension, arms, and shocks stock.. I have 285/75r16 generals goin on so I'm not worried about rubbing.. Just wondering if I should spend the extra cash... That I don't have\m/

Lance

Reaction
3 inch spindles and leveling kit for same price as CST spindles..if you played in the dirt more I would say spend the extra dough on CST

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Give me an email to jerry@camburg.com and I will get you taken care of with a set of cast lift spindles. Don't run coil spring spacers without an upper arm. Just run the spindles with the tires you are going to run and keep the factory ride. if anything add a pair of Bilstein or FOX shocks to help control the added weight of the larger tires.

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
Give me an email to jerry@camburg.com and I will get you taken care of with a set of cast lift spindles. Don't run coil spring spacers without an upper arm. Just run the spindles with the tires you are going to run and keep the factory ride. if anything add a pair of Bilstein or FOX shocks to help control the added weight of the larger tires.
Email sent!

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
Okay so I finally got my tax return and heres what i bought:

-Cst 4" spindle
-1" coil spacer
-1" rear block
-285/75 grabbers
-Mufflerman exhaust(sounds nice now)
-HID 6k head/fog lights
-dvd/nav indash
-12" subs

Heres what I still want:

-cb/pa radio just so i can say "paging dr. fa**ot" when I roll up to my buddies hah
-window tint

sorry for turning this into a build thread, mods can move if needed!

My Method wheels are on back order and they wont be coming in until sometime after the 12th:((((( needless to say i cant complete my build(or lack there of haha)
welp, heres some pictures.

Last edited:

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
Okay so my rims should be here beginning of next week.. Now I need some advice on some shocks. Originally I was just going to run the stock ones but they may not work since I have that coil spacer.. Any suggestions on what shocks to get? I'm thinking just some 5100 bilsteins?

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Reaction
What's with the green enviro sticker? Are you a dezert racer/tree hugger hybrid?

;)

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
Hahahaha something like that.. Both my dad and my uncle own trash company's... Needless to say, recycling is a big part of my every day exercise!:)$$$ you see trash, I see treasure!

Oh, and don't even ask about the llama haha

Edit: still haven't received the wheels.. 4 wheel parts has assured me that I will have them by Friday te 29th... If that happens then I'll put my lift on and have a new truck by Saturday!:)

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
Got jerked again.. The container, along with my wheels and many others, which came into long beach on the 12th, has been in customs for 2 weeks... Nobody knows why nor do they know when they'll get them. Since I already paid for them, I'm SOL! Cool... I'll just keep waiting......................... And waiting............................ Like always

Sigh

bean dip

Reaction
There not screwing with you, US Customs, at the port, can be a pain!

JWK Motorsports

Reaction
There not screwing with you, US Customs, at the port, can be a pain!
Yeah I realize that.. They received the wheels on Thursday, just waiting for them to send them out now! It's getting closer.

you may want to look into a hub upgrade
I mean, the 91 is rough... But I think I'll be fine with stockers:p

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
.. Now I need some advice on some shocks. Originally I was just going to run the stock ones but they may not work since I have that coil spacer.. Any suggestions on what shocks to get? I'm thinking just some 5100 bilsteins?
Ditch the coil spacers and get the Bilstein 5100.