HELP!!!

JenDiggityDirt

Here's the deal: The Jump Championships are in Rialto this Saturday. This could be the decision maker on whether or not we secure a permanent venue and are able to begin providing short course style racing and other similar events close to home (Rialto is right next to San Bernardino) in the very, very near future. We MUST show that we are capable of pulling of a big event at this location if this is going to happen. We are asking that as many of you as possible go out, whether racing or spectating, and help us out with this cause. The gate fee is $10, but we feel you'll be getting your money's worth, because it is damn entertaining watching these trucks fly through the air (think an all-day Laughlin Leap but with trucks like yours and mine). We would like to be able to lower the gate fee, but we MUST cover the cost of insurance for this event which is VERY high. We need your support here. Because obtaining insurance was up in the air until this week we have not been able to promote the event as much as we would have liked, so we've got less than a week now to make sure that this event turns out the way we need it to if we're going to be able to do what we want to do in the future. We are not looking to get rich off this sport. We are very passionate about helping it to grow and we hope that you will assist us in making our dreams reality! If anyone has any questions give me a call at (909) 780-5331 or all the information for the event is on prerunners.com (click the Jump Champs banner on the contents page). We are very grateful to Race-Dez for providing an outlet where messages like this can be spread! I'm attaching some pics of the test jumps...we were out there all day Sat and Sun getting the area ready, which we could not have done without the help of Pat Kapko and the Kapko kids, Austin Farner, Aaron Kahn, Tim Duncan, Pete and Tony Albano, Dan Vance, and ESPECIALLY Matt Curl for bringing the backhoe and kicking butt and Matt Svatos from Hertz Equipment/MD Motorsports for getting us a water truck. They all rock!!!
P.S. We are also in need of volunteers for the event!!! Let me know if you'd like to help. We could also use more prizes for the raffle, vendors, and sponsors...let me know!

<font color=red>JEN!</font color=red>

Attachments

JenDiggityDirt

That last attached picture was Pete and the TT Ranger going off Jump A. This one is Greg going off Jump B. There is still more grooming to do and we'll be widening the smaller jump a bit more before the event. I forgot to mention the gates open at 6:00. Registration is from 6-8:30. We hope to begin jumping about 9:00. Directions: 10fwy east to Cedar. Turn left to Baseline. Turn right to Laurel, which is 2 streets past the airport entrance. The gate is on the right hand side about 1/2 mile down, but we need everyone to park on the street. Bring your chairs! We'll have soda, water, and snacks available there.

Attachments

fishd00d

What A Joke
We found a trailer for the General so we will be there!!!

Come on guys there is a beater class now so we need some competition! Bring those beater cars out!

Go Big Or Go Home

84toy

I high school I bought a convertable 1983 chrylser le baron for a hundred bucks. If it was still around you can sure bet it would have been there.

Jason

Attachments

fishd00d

What A Joke
Well we just got arrested taking the windshield out of the General :) We were in a field and someone thought it was a stolen car or something and called the cops. They were cool after they ran the plates and they said our story was so unreal that it was beleviable heh.

We took out the windshield so we can breathe going off the jump cause it smokes like a train and has no power now :(

Go Big Or Go Home

JenDiggityDirt

Hahahahahaah Fish. You should have been all cracking Dukes jokes the whole time, like calling them Rosco and Enis, asking where Flash was, telling them to tell Boss Hogg to shove it, etc, you know like role-playing...yeah they would have loved that. Poor General...it wants to do this so bad though, I'm sure it'll pull through to the end!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Yea aftet they came up with guns drawn and put us in handcuffs I thought I better be nice :) Oh yea we might need someone to push us with their truck to get up some speed but its going off the jump!

Go Big Or Go Home

michael

Hey Fish...you see this? <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/ads/atl.cgi?ct=2&md=second&id=2047>Rotary Motor</A>

Michael <A target="_blank" HREF=http://jmartin.net/goose>jmartin.net/goose</A>

partybarge_pilot

I'll give you a push, but I can't be held responsible for any body damage!!!!! It'll be like punting from the 20 YD. line......

JenDiggityDirt

I know there are a lot of fab shop and business owners who read the board...VENDING SPACE IS FREE for anyone who donates to our insurance fund raffle! The response this week has been incredible. It should be a good show! See you there!

JenDiggityDirt

Oh, I forgot, this is why I was going to post int he first place: Last year's Champions are: Joe Townsley (Modified Class/Coil-Over) with 65 feet...will be there to defend his title...Miles McGraw (Stock Class/nearly stock) with 60 ft...will be there to defend his title...Dan Vance (Pro Class/4-link) with 84 feet...MAY be defending his title in another vehicle. Should be pretty exciting!