Help??

TrucksR4Girls

Reaction
I have a 93 Toyota. I want about 18-22" of wheel travel or as much as I can get. Im going to be taking out the bed or my truck and putting in a full roll cage, getting new shock mounds. But I was wondering what type of shocks I should get or where I could go that would help me out Around the Temecula Area? And if anyone has any advice on what else I should do to my truck please contact me I need as much help as I can get!
Thanx, Chelsea

The faster you go the faster you wanna go, the higher you get the higher you wanna get, the farthest you go the farther you wanna go, but when you roll and total your truck, well [censored] you just gotta start all over again

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
How much do you plan on spending? Sounds like you are going in over your head! My .02

When in doubt, GAS IT!

sam_i

Reaction
to get the amount of travel you want on the rear you will have to relaocate your spring hangers to accomodate longer springs.
The stock toyota springs are 42" i believe (is your a 2wd or 4wd?). You will need to get either Nationals or Devers, which will cost around $600. These will be 62" long.

I just realized i will be entirely off if you have coilovers. You will need to provide more details on your truck.

Also check out www.prerunners.com</A> for more info.

samir

"..... damn Jimmy, that some good coffee"

cleartoy

Reaction
I see your in Fallbrook. BajaConcepts is in town, and can sell you some things.

To get 18-22" out of the rear, youlll probably need a 4 link. They say you can get 16-18" out of 62" springs. Im getting 16" out of my 85 with 62" Nationals. Probably, with longer shackles i could get an inch or so more.

There is NO bolt on kit for 2wd or 4wd(dont know which yours is) that will provide the amount of travel you are after. You would have to have a custom sub frame made with center mount a arms, or get I beams aka ford style.

AS to shocks, everybody has an opinion. I ran FOXs and thought they were ok. I got SAWs and i liked them a whole lot better(except for the body rusting!).

Got Sand??

jarreptolson

Reaction
Erik,
I tried calling Deaver on 9/17, no one picked up the phone, i am wondering if you were closed or if i have the wrong number, if you could post the number that would be great. Thanks

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Deaver is still in business and doing awesome work. I just picked up my new springs for my fullsize bronco... # (714) 542-3703 Ask for Jeff he handles all of the prerunner and race stuff.

drtdevil93

Reaction
jarrettolson: we were most definitely there. the phones were going non stop the whole day. i appologize that we didnt get to your call. remember: hours are 7:30-4:30, did you call later than that?
either way, we are very proud of our customer service, and i am sorry we missed your call. PLEASE try again.

thanks
Erik

scott

Reaction
To get that your going to have to four-link, but then again Scott Sells @ A.T.S. in Corona says he gets 22" out of his Class 7 Tacoma. It works good for a leaf set up.