Henderson 250

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Well, the Henderson 250 is in a couple of weeks, and its never too early to start chatting about everyone's picks! Looks to be a great race, and it will be good to see everyone out there.

So lets hear 'em!

Steinberger TT (But watch out for those Pro-Trophy Trucks!!)
Marking Class 1
Myers in 10
Vessels in 1600 (Just too damn strong @ the 500!)
S&S in 7s (Cory, Doug and crew nailed the 500 as well!)

I think this will be one of the most exciting and closest ProTruck races ever, but I'm gonna have to go with the "Fearless" one!

-Gabe

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Steinberger - TT
Herbst -CL 1 + Overall 4 wheel
Hogan - PT
Myers -CL 10

See ya in the dirt!

AllwaysRcn

Reaction
Well it's kinda tough to decide between all 6 class 1 entries (so far)!.....lol

<font color=red>"Quality has no fear of Time"</font color=red>

frankh

Reaction
How about the start. I heard something about a multi car start. IE: 3-5 cars starting at the same time. just a rumor.

Jimmy8

Reaction
I car every 20 seconds, starting at 3:00 PM. 5 laps at 50.22 miles a piece. 8 hour time limit. This could have changed but was last I heard.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

Mark_Weyhrich

Reaction
I talked to Ed Herbst at the Staging Area in Tonopah on Day 3 of the Nevada 1000. He told me that he had approached Sal regarding starting the vehicles five (5) abreast and letting them race for the hole-shot. At that time, Sal had agreed to the plan (which is good because if you know Ed, what he wants he usually gets). In fact, he told me that the City of Henderson had agreed to water down the first 11 miles (approx.) of course for this starting format, so the cars could really dice it out. We all know how plans can change, but since the Herbst family is the title sponsor of the event it would not surprise me if they pulled it off.

bpthirteen

Reaction

Attachments

• 5-25922-map.jpg
    5-25922-map.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 213

pciscott

Reaction
With 4 wheel drive a land rush start would be nice. I hope they water down the track because there has not been much rain and the dust will be hell. As far as who will win my pick Troy Herbst overall, but too beat the boys in there own backyard and take away the $10,000 would be sweet! If this race is anything like the Nevada 1000, it will be follow the car in front and hope he has a flat. The dust of Nevada is thick, and as of late not much wind in Henderson. Good luck to everyone, and slower cars watch those mirrors because were coming!

God Bless America

Scott Steinberger Trophy Truck #7

Tom_Willis

Reaction
A land-rush style start is a great idea! We'll figure it out one way or another, be sure the start area is flat, groomed and watered, so everybody gets an equal chance for the holeshot. Let's see, 5 Trophy Trucks means about 2000 cubic inches, that's 40 cylinders making well over 3000 horsepower. I'm bringing earplugs, this is gonna be loud!

Jimmy8

Reaction
I got an email earlier that said as of 8:00 AM this morning it was still 1 every 20 sec.

Trophy Truck #15
www.jimmybeaver.com

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I think a bomb run would be awesome...at drop of the flag everybody has to jump in their truck, belt in, and fire it... then bone out.

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

frankh

Reaction
I heard that and that the course is fast. With that they are worried about getting all the cars off. will have to see how it pans out. Trucks will be ok. but buggies getting wheels tangled may be fun to watch but hard on racers.

Henderson_CVB

Reaction
Great site.

The Henderson Convention and Visitors Bureau welcomes all racers and fans to the race. Please feel free to call with any questions you may have about the Henderson's Terrible 250. We can be reached at 702-565-2171 or toll free at 877-775-5252. I would like to address some of the remarks made so far on this subject.

Land Rush start - Yes, though it has not yet been determined how may can start safely, i.e. 2 to 5 at a time.

Fast Course - Yes, but there are many technical parts as well. Most of the fast sections are 20 feet wide or wider.

Watering the track - about 10 miles of the track will be watered, starting 3 days prior to the race up to the morning of the race with a water surfactant to insure dust control. A large portion of the track is in the non-attainment area of the valley. We will also water the silt bed at pit c in the Boulder City area.

Grandstands - Yes there will be tent covered grandstands and they are free. Feel free to tailgate, bring your own chairs, tents, sunscreen and pools, (the water truck will fill them up for you), etc. This is a unique spectator friendly event.

Class 1, Trophy Truck, 8, 10 etc. have over 10 to 15 entries each and it will be a good showing for motorcycles and atvs as well.

Food Vendors will be at the site including Miller Beer, Coca-Cola, Snow Cones, Ice Cream, Funnel Cakes, lemonade, Tony’s Pizza – Pizza, meatball subs, Best Burgers – Burgers, Chicken Fingers, Memphis Barbeque, Kettle Korn, Terrible Herbst Wienie Wagon, Hyatt Lake Las Vegas – Sausages, Bratwursts, Smoothies.

The spectator area at the start finish line is free and the only BLM approved spectator area. In an effort to control parking, D.A.R.E. will assist and will be charging $2.00 per vehicle. An air conditioned VIP Tent will also be at the site, operated by the Henderson Rotary. For $30.00 you will receive 2 Beers and/or sodas and lunch from Memphis BBQ. For tickets call the Rotary at 888-567-4272 ask for Bill Farmer. They will also sell them at Tech and Contingency on Friday.

Tech and Contingency will be on Water Street in Downtown Henderson on Friday, July 12. Included in the activities will be the Water Street Off-Road Expo and the food vendors (mentioned above). In the evening starting at 5:30 will be the IGT-Saturn Pit Crew Competition for $7,000 cash and Tommy Rocker in concert also free.

Again please call if you have any questions, or if you would like a brochure on the race. Sorry for the long post.

Bud Pico
Manager, Tourism and Sales

Charlene Ham
Tourism Sales Assistant

Junior

Reaction
Great post Bud, and thanks for the info. You have found the right site. RDC has thousands of dedicated desert racers and fans visit them every day. Maybe you should consider purchasing an advertisement on this site for next years race.

Junior
HAZLO EN GRANDE
O Mejor Regresa A Casa

L&SMotorsports

Reaction
I was just curious if any of the car guys had thought about running the bike race in the morning just to check out the course. I know this is a common practice at GP's, where a guy, or couple of guys, will run unclassified in the morning so they can see the course before their race. A few drivers pitching in on a sportsman bike entry, and each guy taking a lap seems like a good idea. Just wondering.