Henderson Highlights

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Well, the Henderson weekend came and went, and after talking to some of the other teams, it was one of the roughest races of recent memory... and then there was the heat.

Some of my personal highlights:

The Pflueger crew winning the pit comp.... great job, guys!
Watching the TT's flying WFO across the lakebed before check 1... and Coyne's 6 minute lead on lap 1.
Avoiding temptation, and not diving into Rory's kiddie pool @ contigency w/ my camera in hand...
Ebberts not lifting @ the road crossing...
Steinberger flying through Pit B...

Good see everyone out there, and safe after another memorable race weekend.

-Gabe

frankh

Reaction
Gabe he got a three + min lead at the start line, too let two 5-1600 throught, then some of the first 1 cars got a lead for the two 9 cars that came through. Not really fair. And the 9 car in the lead quit because he was no willing to destroy his car for the lead. really bad planing on Score part.

bubnel

Reaction
hight light would have to be the rivera truck comming through the main spectator area after the first lap. some complaints why not let them go through the spectator area to start the race? duh.... then the whole two group thing. i like the idea of getting the slower cars out in front but what a mess up that turned out to be. is it rocket sicince to figure it out?

Gabe Lara

Reaction
So that was why, huh Frank? Klaus and I speculated that, but it was never confirmed.
Still, the first group through the lakebed was awesome...

-Gabe

erikh

Reaction
Here's a highlight for you. I've got an action video of this and will have it up soon. I think we need a contest to see who can come up with the best explanation for what Rhiannon is doing. Wait for the video!

erik

Attachments

• 61185-map.jpg
    61185-map.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 561

erikh

Reaction
This is the tire that we took off of TT#7. There will also be a video up of the entire pit stop. The rim was cracked and bent over the caliper so it took forever to get off.

erik

Attachments

• 61187-flat.jpg
    61187-flat.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 501

erikh

Reaction
My mister worked out pretty good. Thanks for the kudos Travis. It was kind of thrown together and acted more like a sprinkler but it kept us all cool. Thanks for everyone who responded to my other thread about this.

erik

Attachments

• 61188-mister.jpg
    61188-mister.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 454

michael_loomis

Reaction
easy contest erik ... the answer is sooo simple ! obviously her buttcrack is about the blow a gasket , so shes coolin it down !!

Jack

Reaction
The look on her face says somone just droped some sand down her crack...

sweetdevil

Reaction
lol... I wish it was just sand down my crack...
All day long, people kept complaining about getting stung by some sorta bug. I had no clue what they were talking about. All the sudden, one of those things crawls up my shorts and bites me on the @$$, THREE TIMES!!! I don't know if anyone else got stung by one of these things, but I'd take a wasp sting any day over getting bit by one of those again!!! They hurt soooo bad and wouldn't stop stinging for a good ten minutes... I was almost in tears, and ran to the cooler and started dumping ice water down my butt to take the pain away.
Thanks Erik... lol

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
Ya they were little black bugs. They were all over pit C. I got bit numerous times (not on the butt though).

powerbox_builder

Reaction
We were at pit c also, and every one of us got stung at least once. You would think 125 deg. heat would be enough but that was an added bonus.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Thats weird cause I was hanging in Pit C too and never got bitten. Must not of liked me.

powerbox_builder

Reaction
Did you see 1212 throw it away because he was giving the thumbs up to his girlfriend who was filming the whole thing? It was pretty classic. That was us and his own pit crew that rolled him back over.

frankh

Reaction
Boy I almost did that in San Felipe, except it was for two girls ( one topless and the second bottomless)