Henderson Updates...

dave

Reaction
Just got off the phone with Klaus .... He's at pit B RM 48.
The race started on time at 8:00 AM ...

As of now it looks like the # 5 TT of Marty Coyne has a HUGE lead . Klaus said that Coyne came by them at 8:45 Followed by the TT of Gus Vildosola and Jesse Jones at 8:53
At 8:54 was the TT of Herbst Followed by Collins TT and class one car 131

At 8:56 was the TT of # 8 Dan Smith followed by class one car 106 Mark Weyhrich .

At 8:58 car 104 followed by TT of Taylor

At 8:59 TT of Post right behind him was the Truggy of the Hurbst and chuck Hovey.
9:00 class one car 1xx ? and then the TT of Scotty.

I would have finished this a while ago but my phone keeps ringing .... !!

Whats up as of now ...
101 Missed a check didn't stop ?? That my hurt them.
110 Marking has a broken Axle ( first 10 miles ) not sure if he's out yet or if they will fix....

dave

Reaction
Some more info...
Still pit B.
Reason for Coyne's 10 minute lead was ( from what I was told ) that as they started group two ( B)
the first group of cars was coming through and Coyne some how got started and the rest of the feild
had to wait.

Ok 9:17 the TT of Dan smith is out with a broken transmission...
101 also has transmission problems ( trany stuck in a gear ) not out of the race yet.....
first class 8 was Dave Westhem followed by 800 Nick Vanderway
First ProTruck was 269 or 296 Steve Olliges
Pflueger into pit B at 9:28 2 tire's changed and one added to rack total time in pit was 42sec.....
At 9xx the first two class 5's through pit B 501 and 500

dave

Reaction
Also the fastest time through pit B was Ebberts at 70mph...
Just got off the phone with John Bitting , He's at pit C Rm 63 or so.
Coyne still leading but Herbst is right on his azz...
Followed by class one car of Dale Ebberts then Weyhrich Hovey is 3rd or 4th....

dave

Reaction
Ok just got off the phone with John Bitting @ pit C....Herbst Is now in the lead followed by Gus ( Rob is now driving) Collins is in 3rd .
Ebberts 1st in class one followed by Andy McMillin Herbst Truggy , Hovey is in 4th and just HAD A
28sec PIT STOP .... They got him out infront of the TT of Mark Post.....
10:48 TT of Scotty through pit C followed by Coyne who is sounding like he has a broken header...
Weyhrich through pit C....

Also heard that Dan Ragland was behing the wheel of Pflueger and has rolled the truck..... Not sure on
details other then it sounds like everyone is ok but the truck is still on it's lid ????
Will have to wait to hear if this is true or not ?

dave

Reaction
Last lap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John said the temp from his truck was 128 !! Ouch thats hot...
First TT through pit C ( on the last lap ) Is Gus Vildosola Followed by Herbst TT 2minutes back of Gus( missing the Hood)
and didn't take a pit stop at pit C.
First Class one( and 1minute behing Herbst) car is Ebberts and followed Right behind him is the TT of Collins ( ON THE PIPE) and 3 minutes behind Ebbert is the class one car of Andy McMillin.....

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
Dave,

thanks for the updates. its awsome how technology allows us who had to stay at home find out whats goin on in the dez in henderson.

thanks again. any more info on the pfluger truck?

Gregg

dave

Reaction
No Problem guys and Gals .... It just sucks hearing the Trucks and cars in the back grounds
of the cell phones and not being there... but oh well....my beer here is cold... lol
Adam and Eric in the 1600 car are on there last lap....thgey are in 2nd or 3rd. around the 2nd lap
one of them had a very , very bad nose bleed in there helmet and not sure if thats why they are back
like they are or not .?? thats all I have about them
Pflueger as of 15 minutes ago ( 12:36 ) is now back on his wheels and up and running....
Taylor's TT is down John said chase crews packed up and header out like batts out of h*ll ??? Out of Pit C about 45 minutes ago.......

desertracer

Reaction
Just got this from orc: "Ed Herbst brings the Terrible Herbst Trophy Truck in for a first in class and overall win. Scott McMillin wins Class 1. Marcos Nunez takes the class win in 5/1600."

grt

Checkers *********
Reaction
Dave:

Any word on our favorite Class 8 team, Doherty and Record.

grt

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Taylor made it to main pit with oil leak on the motor and no rear brakes, decided to push on and then the transmission went dead just out of main pit. Yet another transmission to throw in the pile!

dave

Reaction
No sir ( grt) , other then I heard they had some problems on lap one ... I did hear they are runing but no clue on
how they are doing now. If anyones has info could you please post it .... Thanks
I also want to give a big thanks out to Klaus , John, and Trey Sommers for all the updates from the race today thanks guys .

grt

Checkers *********
Reaction
I just spoke with Eric Record on his Cell. They finished without any significant problems other than a flat and a fan belt. Came in 2nd in Class 8.

My congratulations to Doherty and Record. Looks like the slump has run it's course!

grt

Junior

Reaction
Big Props to Mike Doherty in class 8. Mike had only recently updated his truck to coilovers and such from the quarter eliptical setup. Hard work pays off, as usual.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
128 degrees...I wonder how much gas was wasted from people sitting in the pits with their car running with the AC on! Sounds like it was a good race besides the heat!