Henderson Updates...

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "Ok 9:17 the TT of Dan smith is out with a broken transmission..."

That's no suprise. The dang thing didn't even work when they loaded it in the trailer to leave for the race....

FABRICATOR

Reaction
This goes to show the difference in this course (and the company) compared to something like the Baja 500. The first trophy Truck there was like the 9th or so four wheeled vehicle.

Dave_G

Reaction
RE:"Ed Herbst brings the Terrible Herbst Trophy Truck in for a first in class and overall win."

How could that be?

That truck is way too heavy.

It was declared the "Trophy Tank".

This can't be!

Someone file a protest!
j/k

Dave

yotatech

Reaction
It sure didnt feel like 128 today.

Herbst was running the new 39's. Those things are huge. They had to cut out the fenders to clear em.
Also from what i here they have a new rearend with a giant pumkin. So there a little more weight for the tank.

Dave_G

Reaction
Re:"Also from what i here they have a new rearend with a giant pumkin. "

Yep. I worked on that project right up until a few days before the race. ;-)

Dave

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
I know it was 128, but it really didn't seem that hot, at least at pit c. Major props to erickh from RDC for rigging up a mister system to keep the pit cool. Between the breeze and the mister I was perfect!

The new Herbst set up is freaking sick!

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Official SCORE Henderson's Terrible results

Conrats to Team Herbst for the overall win.

What is remarkable is that The Herbst TT just received the new Chrisman rearend 1-2 days before the race. Also the truck ran on 39" tires for the first time.

The first 4 finishers all finished within 1 minute of each other.

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Steve's crew at Pit C told me he rented Barlow's truck. They said Barlow was at the CORR race.

Reese

Dave_G

Reaction
RE: "The new Herbst set up is freaking sick!"

Yes, and the rest of the field should be prepared to get spanked at the next race!

The Trophy Tank is on a roll.

j/k

Dave

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
On the way home, Tony B and I were trying to figure out if any other TT's could run the 39" tires? The Herbst truck was built to eventually run the 39's but can any other truck handle them?

Dave_G

Reaction
Re:"The Herbst truck was built to eventually run the 39's but can any other truck handle them?"

Certainly they can. The biggest problem for the 39" tires is the drive train and especially the pinion. The larger tires hold a HUGE advantage and if you can get the drivetrain to live then your in the hunt. A new plateau of off road TT racing has just been breached. It will be interesting to see who can follow.

Dave

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction

Attachments

• 61050-IMG_7331.jpg
    61050-IMG_7331.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 434

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction

Attachments

• 61051-IMG_7332.jpg
    61051-IMG_7332.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 388

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction
Herbst Truggy Rear-End (same or similar to TT)

Klaus

Administrator
Reaction

Attachments

• 61055-IMG_7330.JPG
    61055-IMG_7330.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 354

Dave_G

Reaction
Klaus,
Great pics! Thanks for posting them.

Dave

sweetdevil

Reaction
Wow it was hot!!! I'm glad we brought the kiddie pool! (Thanks to the water truck driver for stopping by our trailer to fill it up!)

Congrats to all the finishers and winners! It was a close race for those who finished!

A few questions I have about the race...

How is Pflueger and the truck? I saw they were coming through the pit as we were leaving, so I guess the truck isn't in too bad of shape, any details on the total damage?

Along pit row, are you allowed to pass? Vildolsola came flying into the pits, and Herbst came by shortly thereafter CLOSE (like centimeters) behind a 16 car. The 16 car didn't pull over (as far as I could see) and as tight as the times were, the few seconds that that car set them behind in the infield area could have cost them 1st place. Obviously they won, but does anyone know if the car pulled over before they got into that section, or what the rule was on passing through there?

The team (I think anderson) pitting next to the PCI trailer had a radar gun, what were some of the top speeds through pit row?

martininsocal

Reaction
Dave- is that a hybrid rear end? it looks like a billet 9" diff carrier in a custom full floater housing.