Henderson Updates...

desertracer

Reaction
Does anybody know if these tires on Ellison's 10 car are 33's or 35's. I am pretty sure most of the 10 car stay with 33's but for some reason these look like 35's. Just curious.

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
I could have sworn I saw a 'No Paasing Zone' sign at the start of main pit.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
There was a no passing sign before the checkpoints, I just don't remember which ones. Your not supose to pass before check points anyways, it's in the rule book I'm pretty sure.

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
Henderson was very hot but that was a known fact going into it. People seem to forget how hot the Fireworks race used to be also. Tech was fun, it did not seem to hot and that 7-Eleven on the corner was a life saver for a lot of people, I bet the owners wish they had days like that everyday. At tech I was hanging out with Chad at the Yokohoma box van when Cameron Steele pushed his 1600 car up, he looks at me and asks how I am doing(not knowing me) I say great and ask him to his response of "just living a dream bro". How bitchin is that, he is out in 120 degree weather going to race a 1600 car and he has that much passion for the sport to call it living a dream, I thought that was great and it made my day. This is what attracts me to the sport, everyone is super cool and would do anything for you. Well almost anyone, the guys selling the tshirts who told me I was not supporting the sport since I did not buy a tshirt off his backpack can go away.

The Trophy truck race was the best I have seen in awhile, all of the trucks seemed to be running really close together, I hope this is a sign of whats to come at Primm. My hats off to all the racers and pit crews for another great race. See you all in Primm.

Also a huge thank you to Modelman (dave) for posting results all day as we called them into him. I hope it gave you guys at home a little taste of the action.

frankh

Reaction
Steve

That is what I thought too. The top 4 within 1 min. Is not much of a spanking. Not tring to take anything away from there win but, They also had to upgrade the truck to get there. It was cool seeing them coming into pit C and hit a big hole and see the wheels come through the hood.

snoreracer

Reaction
The spanking was given to the score regulars in 1600 by the pro-1600 guys, it would have been a sweep if Jeff Carr would not have broke 20 miles out on the last lap. It was nice not having the blm all over, but it was because the eldorodo side was in boulder city. One last thing all the water used to water the track was gray water don't drink it.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
You mean the same water that filled up the Map's swimming pool at the main pit.........

Dave_G

Reaction
Steve,
With all due respect you have misread my post. I said the spanking will be at the next race. I never said they spanked them at Henderson.

Go back and read it again.

Dave

Henderson_CVB

Reaction
I would like to give our thanks to everyone for hanging out in the heat. I hope everyone had a good time.

Just an FYI, for the safety of the public, fresh water was used in clean trucks on Saturday. All other days we used effluent water.

Desert_Roller

Reaction
The bad: The BLM at pit B; they refused to let the F.A.I.R. trailer in, saying the area was already full.

117 degrees, inside the trailer.

The good: The #3 Rivera TT, at full speed thru pit C, 4 feet away!

Heger and Seeley nose to tail for all 3 laps, Seeley losing by 3 seconds!

New members Vic Bruckman / Kash Vessels winning class 12, beating all the 10 cars!

#7 PCI TT demonstrating the "art" of car / truck control!

Props x2 for the TSCO #106 crew: #1 "loaning" us 10 gallons of race fuel. #2 Having to start the race car, with no clutch, on the jack, and letting it down at 6,000 rpm!!! Someone post that video!

#1602 Brent Parkhouse plowing down a F.A.I.R. sign, wide open, never lifting!

Having 7 of 8 racers finish!

Tom Sobray
F.A.I.R. President
www.fairpits.com

FABRICATOR

Reaction
Enthusiasm for this particular race seems to be higher than usual. Is it the added toughness, dollars, tire size, closeness to Vegas or ?

IDRA_CRB

Reaction
Rory is correct. Their is always no-passing within the checkpoint corridor.

I should have said there were no additional or supplementary speed/passing rules at this event.

Thom Sobray, You've got some reverse karma going here. Your trailer wasn't allowed into Pit B cuz it was known you'd be disrespecting the Checkers soon! LOL Hey, that was me at Pit C yelling across the track:

"Got any Lowenbrau?" ;>)

Congrats to FAIR and Three-Second George.

Reese

Dave_G

Reaction
Re:"Enthusiasm for this particular race seems to be higher than usual. "

I think the shorter mileage races have something to do with it. There's no room for error and strategy is much different than say the 500 or 1000. The drivers can't really plan on saving their machines until the last lap so everyone is ball$ to the wall all the way through from start to finish. That makes for some exciting racing. The points for the lead in the TT division were also close among three different teams. (anyone know how the point standings are after saturday?) Also some of the pre race activities a few days before the race probably builds to the excitement.

Dave

Walt

Reaction
<<The spanking was given to the score regulars in 1600 by the pro-1600 guys>>

Kenny-
Allen/Pfankuch are going for an OVERALL points championship........if they wern't i think they would have dominated.They did exactly what they needed to.

powerbox_builder

Reaction
It's hard to slow a twenty-one year old down. They would have liked to win another. It was mechanical troubles that slowed them down. Saturday was Bryan's day and he did a great job.

KitRacer

Reaction
We would have been running right w/ the "SNORE Regulars" if it wasnt for the fact that finishing was our number one goal, not winning. We still kicked ass, and would have done even better if the car wouldnt have lost power steering and rear brakes. Congrats to Freeman and Whipple, they did an excellent job. We wish we would have had nothing on the line and had the chance to run WFO w/ them, but we had priorities.