Hendrick Team Chokes again Internationally

RGFan

After Jimmie's miserable performance against Schumi at the Race of Champions last year(the same race RG almost won 6 years ago before rolling his car), Jeff gives similar results in Brazil for an undisclosed "mechanical failure" at a charity go cart race in Brazil. If it does not say Hendrick on the side of the car, these guys continue to choke whenever the international spotlight is on them. No wonder the F1 snobs think Nascar is Nascrap:D

Gordon fails to finish 1st race of charity event: Rubens Barrichello won the first race of a charity karting event in Brazil on Sunday, with Michael Schumacher finishing fourth and Jeff Gordon failing to complete the event after starting in the last row. Barrichello edged Brazilian countrymen Lucas Di Grassi in the first race of the "International Challenge of the Stars", an event organized by Formula One driver Felipe Massa. In its fourth edition, the event in southern Brazil will aid local charities and the recent victims of flooding in the region. Another race will take place later Sunday, with the driver with the most points after the two races being crowned the overall winner. Gordon, making his first trip to race in Brazil, struggled after starting in 25th place and failed to complete the race because of mechanical problems.(Denver Post/AP)(11-30-2008)

eric2448

This goes to show you how much of a TEAM sport NASCAR is... Driver isnt much without his team and team without driver... anyone ever see an F1 driver jump into NASCAR and have instant success, how could you expect it to happen with a NASCAR guy jumping into F1... and it wasnt that long ago that JG and JPM swapped cars at indy... JG had offers to drive F1 after that happened... All theses international races have guys driving super light weight cars... you throw all theses 'international' stars into a full bodied heavy stock car, then see what happens...

RGFan

This goes to show you how much of a TEAM sport NASCAR is... Driver isnt much without his team and team without driver... anyone ever see an F1 driver jump into NASCAR and have instant success, how could you expect it to happen with a NASCAR guy jumping into F1... and it wasnt that long ago that JG and JPM swapped cars at indy... JG had offers to drive F1 after that happened... All theses international races have guys driving super light weight cars... you throw all theses 'international' stars into a full bodied heavy stock car, then see what happens...
Like Mario, AJ, Tony and Robby........Those 4 have won in everything...Open wheel, stock cars and everything in between. Alot of the Nascar guys cart on a semi-regular basis, especially in the off season. But you are correct in saying the team is a huge part of success.

eric2448

Like Mario, AJ, Tony and Robby........Those 4 have won in everything...Open wheel, stock cars and everything in between. Alot of the Nascar guys cart on a semi-regular basis, especially in the off season. But you are correct in saying the team is a huge part of success.
Ummm... I dont believe any of them had instant success... and Tony was running a Busch car while running Indy... Robby has had about as much success as JPM in NASCAR if you take out the road courses and RG's been in it longer... and we all know youre comming back with the equipment arguement with that one, haha :D I guess we'll have to wait and see what next season holds...

RGFan

Ummm... I dont believe any of them had instant success... and Tony was running a Busch car while running Indy... Robby has had about as much success as JPM in NASCAR if you take out the road courses and RG's been in it longer... and we all know youre comming back with the equipment arguement with that one, haha :D I guess we'll have to wait and see what next season holds...
Ha ha ha. It's funny that you were the one who brought up the equipment argument. Yet, When RG was in his best equipment (RCR) that is when he won all of his races, and his wins were with his first full time ride at RCR (Sabates and RGM the first time around were incomplete seasons). When the Hendrick drivers get out of their Hendrick equipment.......They do not win......Must be something to it, along with having the money to have a top notch team/R&D. As far as next year for RG IMO, it will be more of the same, maybe a mild improvement, or mild fall off. As for the Hendrick guys, it will be more of the same for them as well.

As for Jeff's performance this week, there is a big difference between F1 and go carts as well. They probably should have sent Ricky Rudd, he and his son are Multi-National Go Cart Champs, and he had no problems with the adjustment from stock cars to carts and vise-versa.

eric2448

If Im not mistaken, I heard the RG equipment argument before I mentioned it, I didnt come up with that briliant idea on my own... it seems to be the justification for his not so success in NASCAR for his faithful fans... I think he should go race f/t in the truck series, Idd give their ratings a boost and run whatever the big short course series is next season... or team up with Stewart/HAAS...

And WTH are you talking about Rick Rudd and go carts and swappin into stock cars... theres a difference when you run both like Tony did when he transitioned to NASCAR in the late 90's... this pavement racing discussion board reminds me alot of drama-rangers... its all about camburg and some hate on H&M.. here, everything always turns to RG and hate'n on Hendrick, haha...

RGFan

Another Hendrick appologist.......LOL....You guys get so defensive when somebody challenges the greatness of the Hendrick Monarchy. LMAO!!! Look at the numbers man, the numbers do not lie (Money Numbers included)

eric2448

Hendrick has been around for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, its not like he's bought his way in. And no... the numbers dont lie... there was once a time when Hendrick wasnt so dominant, when they were new! The Hendrick has been around for over 20 years... of course theyre gonna be successful, sponsors come at them with money cause theyre soo successful. RH has worked hard for what he has. Success doesnt happen overnight...

RGFan

That is the nice thing about print......it is there for everybody to see. Nice try though

eric2448

Wow... now Im being accused of being a band wagon Hendrick fan... WOW! FYI... Ive been a NASCAR and JG fan for 11 years, and a JJ fan before he was affiliated with Hendrick... Im pretty sure I made this clear in the 'jimmie 3 peat' thread...

I wonder how many people are actually reading this thread and laughing... and staying out of it... jajaja

DEZERTSUB

Straw Man
Wow... now Im being accused of being a band wagon Hendrick fan... WOW! FYI... Ive been a NASCAR and JG fan for 11 years, and a JJ fan before he was affiliated with Hendrick... Im pretty sure I made this clear in the 'jimmie 3 peat' thread...

I wonder how many people are actually reading this thread and laughing... and staying out of it... jajaja
That would be at least one...(already done this with RGFan..LOL)
;)

eric2448

(already done this with RGFan..LOL)
;)
It seems to me like hes almost, if not already out of ammo on this thread based upon the shorter and shorter answers and to ice the cake... accusing me of band wagoning... you know theyre out when you hear the words 'band wagon'... LOL! :rolleyes:

RGFan

It seems to me like hes almost, if not already out of ammo on this thread based upon the shorter and shorter answers and to ice the cake... accusing me of band wagoning... you know theyre out when you hear the words 'band wagon'... LOL! :rolleyes:
Ha ha ha.....Yeah, where have I heard that one before......"I've been a Hendrick Fan for decades".....Sure you have;)Where have you been then for all of this time......Yet again, No ammo necessary, you made my point for me.....remember..... Do not get all bent out of shape......This was all in fun. But the results speak for themselves.

RGFan

Gordon fails to finish charity race in Brazil: Rubens Barrichello won a charity karting event in Brazil on Sunday, beating drivers including Felipe Massa, Michael Schumacher and Jeff Gordon. Barrichello edged Brazilian countryman Lucas Di Grassi in the first race of the "International Challenge of the Stars," then finished fifth in the second to clinch the overall title with 36 points. In its fourth edition, the event organized by Massa in southern Brazil will aid local charities and the victims of recent flooding in the region. Gordon, making his first trip to race in Brazil, struggled after starting in 25th place and failed to complete the first race because of mechanical problems. He also did not finish the second race.

RGFan

That would be at least one...(already done this with RGFan..LOL)
;)
Oh god, not another one (lol). Alright you guys, do not want to hurt any feelings......This is supposed to be fun. So keep looking at all of your trophies and I will keep wishing RG would go and drive for a team with an endless amount of resources, because in Nascrap, that is the only way a driver has a chance, no matter how talented they are.

michael_loomis

You started off well.. I dont know what happened after that.

I dont see anybody calling you a band wagon fan, dunno where you pulled that one from.