Herbst Chevy Prerunner

Ryno

Anybody with photos of these bad dogs, please post, or email them to me....Finally found a base to work from!! =) I know there are/ was 2 of them. Thanks in advance for the help!

Ryno

Build it like a Rhino, and Leave it be.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
It's not much left of a chevy Ryno...might as well start with a ford and make it easy on yourself!!!!

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

Vtr_Racing

Man, that makes me sad..............That could be my race truck, LMAO. Killer truck..

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.socalmotocross.com/vtrracing//>Vtr Racing.com</A>

ntsqd

Looks to me like the Ultra Wheels truck in different Livery.

TS

I used swerve around my halucinations, now I drive right thru them.

drtdevil93

i worked on some of their superdutys a while back. they brought it in with prerunner on a trailer. im not sure who the man is that dropped the stuff off, but he said it was nothing special, just one of jimmy smiths old prerunners. it was a f-150 or a bronco (cant remember) that i would kill to have, and to them it was just an old beater. man, i need to start making millions. maybe ill start putting up gas stations like they did. i could call it Wonderful Erik's.

erik

RacerX

Jimmy Smith had a Bronco that Russ Wornemaunt(SP?) built. Its was featured in off road mag, along time ago. Very nice prerunner.

martininsocal

Offroad did a full d=feature on the two prerunners built for the Herbsts while they were still running the buggies and had the trucks built. Custom I beam front and 4 linked rear. They were some of the first Prerunners built with rider comfort in mind, AC, GPS, etc... I used to see one of them cruising around Nuevo a few years ago. nice Ford platforms with Chevy bodies.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Tony_Barraza

Ryno-

There are actually THREE Terrible Prerunners. They are typically all in the same place at the same time, either at the race shop, or prerunning in Baja.

I'll go through my files and post some pics later.

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Tony_Barraza

Thom-

<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Looks to me like the Ultra Wheels truck in different Livery.

<hr></blockquote>

Which Ultra Wheels truck are you referring to?

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Tony_Barraza

Ryno-

As promised...

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Tony_Barraza

A couple more...

Top photo courtesy of Herbst crewman Jason Coleman

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

mgobaja

Do the Herbst get any help from Ford with their race program ? If so how are they able to keep their prerunners skined with Chevy bodies ?

Tony_Barraza

Mike-

To my knowledge, Terrible Herbst Motorsports receives no support from Ford. However, as shown in several of the photos, the prerunners (as well as the race vehicles) have carried the Ford Oval and Ford Trucks logo in past years to support/promote Ford products.

One more Prerunner pic:

Tony B.

"Get Creative!"

Tony_Barraza

Anthony-

Here is the truck you're talking about.

Russ Wernimont-built for Jimmy Smith, now owned by Scott Goodman, who has done a great job upgrading and maintaining the beast.

This truck knows Baja!

Tony B.

&quot;Get Creative!&quot;

martininsocal

Isn't that an F150 chassied Bronco? just curious. I thought (I have a pic anyway) of the bronco when Smith had it prerunning down in Mex and it wasn't lengthened. Maybe I am wrong, was there some work done to it after '95?

Martin

If your gonna go, go BIG

Its a stretched Bronco, F150 Chassis with a modified Bronco Cab. Its a very good concept because it takes the problem out of normal bronco prerunners that are always seem to short to go through the deep whoops.

Matt Scaroni
SMD Motorsports
Flat-Bill Up

bpthirteen

What I meant to say was that Russ built it that length from the beggining. It doesn't really use an F-150 chassis, since there are no stock frame rails in the front or back. It has a really cool sway bar set-up in the back. Robby used it to pre-run the 1000 one year.

http://www.prepbyjake.com