• Forum membership has its advantages....

Herbst Truggy tribute video from DP10

Curtis Guise

Administrator
In honor of the Terrible Herbst Truggy, here is the tribute video that I put together in 2013 for Dezert People 10. This is the extended version from the extras on the DVD that I just put on YouTube. Hopefully it will get rebuilt and race again...

sb4pro

Thank you Curtis awesome job as usual :cool: Liked and faved on the Tube .

Last edited:

JDDurfey

That last shot of it endoing and bicycling is awesome, I love that shot and the skill to control that and drive away is amazing.

swiftracing5

I remember watching the Baja 2000 at the late Speedway Grill in Newport Beach. The truggy had something like 18 Hella HIDs mounted... man I thought that was rad. It will live on.

copers

In the 1998 Baja 1000, the truggy run with 20 hellas HID mounted, I remember i was in San Ignacio in that race and the truggy looks amamzing with the lights in the night.

This is the truggy in 1998 Baja 1000

Jangaard

In the 1998 Baja 1000, the truggy run with 20 hellas HID mounted, I remember i was in San Ignacio in that race and the truggy looks amamzing with the lights in the night.

That is a great picture. Now replaced with one LED!

deano

McDeano
Awesome tribute edit Curtis, solid job -- The legendary Herbst family will not let a lil fire, put an end to their most successful race vehicle ... Look for it to return to its fame and glory soon --
ImageUploadedByrace-deZert1461773165.268073.jpg

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

swiftracing5

That's the shot! So awesome, good find.

lil manny

That was an epic race for sure! It also had one of the best tv coverage shows with great commentary from the one and only ironman!

Btw Does anyone know where we can find old shows like that?? I've already tried YouTube and Carbon

copers

You all right Lil Manny, i try to find old shows like baja 2000, but there are just a cuple of videos on youtube.

Somebody knows where we can find videos of old score races?

Dave_G

Thanks for posting that. I built a ton of parts for that car over the years including the six speed transmission. The biggest thrill I ever got was at a test session where I had the opportunity to do a 20 mile lap in the shark with Larry at the wheel. I will never forget that 20 miles for as long as I live...

Baja Tracking

I remember that, it was like getting caught by a football stadium.