herders truggy

bubnel

Reaction
does anyone know what happened with herders truggy. did someone buy it? who? have not seen it in the times for a couple of months now

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
Did the Geiser's build something wrong? I thought they did kick a$$ work?

See ya in the dirt!

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
From what I have seen in the past and from talking to other people the front end geomerty is off making it very twitchy. This seems to confirm it since newline is cutting off the whole front end.

MikeLeung

Reaction
The rumor is that the truggy is racing next year and that Kash Vessels is gonna be the one behind the wheel.

Jordan

Reaction
The machine is badass but the front end was off so Nestor is re-doing it. I have the pics on my site so people can check it out and plan on posting some more when I get over there next.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jordansrealm.com/prerunner.htm>Prerunner For Sale CLICK HERE!</A>

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
Nothing disrespectful to the bros, but this would not be the first vehicle to hacked and redone. Geometry problem with the vosberg prerunner as well. Super Dave at the Taylors had to re-do the a$$ end of it, as well as a couple of other things.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
It does not seem logical that a fab shop as reputable and big as Geiser's Bros could have a reputation for having front end geometry problems. If they have/had a bad rep. then why are people paying them $300,000+ to build TTs and prerunners?

See ya in the dirt!

ACID_RAIN28

Reaction
mabey they rushed, Obviously they work, but mabey not as efficient as the drivers/owners want. I Don't know, and won't guess becasue I don't have a clue as to what the problems are. It has been, what one mabey two years, and how many trucks have been finished, vildosa, sessa, herder, roberts, and sheperd. That is a lot of work for a couple of guys. but it is all speculation, except for the fact that a couple are being redone.

Anyone can escape into sleep, we are all geniuses when we dream.

martininsocal

Reaction
Whether the front end geometry works or not can be very subjective too. Some drivers prefer oversteer, some understeer, some like a light feeling front end and some want a heavy feeling. The best drivers in the world can get into the same car and drive it and one may say it is perfect and another may get out cursing saying it almost killed him. A few years back, a friend of mine who had won quite a few races, swaooed the steering on his buggy from R/P to a chevy box. He could no longer drive the car fast because it didn't "work" anymore. According to him and another accomplished driver, the steering was all screwed up and the car didn't handle anymore. Someone asked to rent the car for a race and they figured why not? The driver got a second place with the car. He had no problem driving it because he have any preconceived notions about how the car was supposed to work, so he got in expecting to adapt and learn how the car handled. Herder has driven buggies very fast, but the handling of a buggy vs. a truck/truggy are different and require some different driving techniques. Braking points are different, weight transfer is different, etc...Some of the fastest buggy drivers out there never do adapt to trucks.

If your gonna go, go BIG

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
In the laughlin vid...it looked scary through the rough.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

RacerX

Reaction
The geometry on Herders truggy cant be that bad if it beat the Herbst the first time out. Martin is right about driver adapting to new and completly differnt type of vehicle.

Kritter- Every truck looks scary coming through 4 foot whoops at 100mph.

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
"Kritter- Every truck looks scary coming through 4 foot whoops at 100mph."\

True, but it looked like the wheel was goin lock to lock which I have never seen before...I still think the thing is badazz but that footage I saw shocked me.

Kris
"Buy American before it's too late..."

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I think the redo has to do with the way the lower uniballs are designed on the spindles. Something kept breaking at high speeds (80-100mph)

Race-Dezert Anonymous - Step #1:
"Hello, my name is Jason. And I'm a Race-Dezertaholic."