Hey Dave G. can you make me one os these?

sincitysump

Reaction
Kind of gives your eyes a work out dont it.

Politicans are like diapers, they both need to be changed often and for the same reasons

JrSyko

Jerry Maguire
Reaction
That hurts my eyes to look at!

See ya in the dirt!

Dave_G

Reaction
I love it! That's waaaay cool. Looks like somebody had a bad hair day in CAD class.

Dave

"I know it all, but I can't remember most of it..."

sincitysump

Reaction
This will really hurt your eyes

Politicans are like diapers, they both need to be changed often and for the same reasons

Attachments

sincitysump

Reaction
one more

Attachments

orvacian

Reaction
Talk to UP Greg, he machines trichotometric indicators and rectabular brackets all the time at work.
I think his i-beams were made using cutting edge rectabular technology aslo. Mcfadden-Dale hardware might have the ambihelical nuts in stock.

sincitysump

Reaction
I just cant figure this one out, can anyone figure this out?

Attachments

sirhk100

Reaction
Alright, that last one got me....

Khris

'99YZ400, (for sale, $3900)
'92 Ford Exploder lifted work in progress,
lifted golf cart (sold)

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
Whats to figure out? Looks feasible to me. Maybe I am missing something. Count the boxes for each color and then look down and recount...

Kris
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>
"Jesus loves you, everybody else thinks you're an A-hole"

BIG_FAT_LOSER

Reaction
I printed it out and the triangles are the same size in both forms when the overlay each other.

My guess is it is a land use diagram the envormentalist use to decide what portion of an area will be will be availible for unlimited use.

<font color=yellow>United Jump Truck Society<font color=yellow>
U.J.B.S. President.

ntsqd

Reaction
Here's the cool thing about Escher prints, they're mostly linoleum block prints. Meaning he carved out the linoleum that he didn't want to print b4 stamping the block on an ink pad and then on a piece of paper. That means he had to visualize the whole thing sort of backwards and then carve it that way.

TS

"It only seems kinky the first time"
-- Bumpersticker seen in Lost Wages

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
I have always loved Escher's stuff! So how do those triangles work?

"Those who risk nothing, are nothing."

Kbach66

Reaction
The two "big" triangle images (top and bottom) aren't really triangles. The line along the edge of the top isn't a straight line. On the top image, the line angles up slightly at the point where the red triangle meets the green triangle. On the bottom image it's the opposite, it anles down...the green triangle has a steeper face. That means there's more volume in the lower view, where the green triangle is first, leaving room for the empty square. Kinda hard to explain, but once you look at it again, It's pretty clear.

Damn...I should be out working on my truck but i'm in here reading this stuff. I've got to get my priorities straightened out. Alright, one more beer, then I go out in the garage......

1992f150

Reaction
your right, if it was a straight line the red and green triangles would have to be the same ratio, but one is 5 squares by 2, the other is 8 by 3.

Azusa: shame of the foothills

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
i see how the volue is slightly different, but i dont understand how the white squre fits in. someone try and explane more, this is bugging the hell out of me!

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
oic what you are talkin about. very tricky! so all of the area that is lost because of the curves, is equal to the area of that box!

singlehanded

Reaction
That wasnt too hard figure out you can tell that the different arrangement caused the top line to cut higher thru the box graph making space for the empty area. As for the print outs overlapping perfectly , I dont believe that is possibly the lower triangle will be a slight bit higher all the way from bottom to top. It just isnt that noticeable unless you are looking for it. amI right?

local