hi i need help picking.

peezy

Reaction
i dont have cash right know. but my dad, witch i dont live with, will buy me one thing. i dont want him to get me anything that is to much money, so i need help picking.

a evs rc3 neck protector.
or hand guards for the bike? (witch brand)

with one should i get for the dezert... or is there anything i am not thinking of i should get before all of this?

kenaroo

Reaction
Scotts Steering Stabilizer.. probably one of the most important pieces of equipment on your bike.

it saved my neck plenty of times.

peezy

Reaction
would, the rs3 work with almost any fox chest protecter? my friend thinks the neck thing for the dezert is gay to wear. haha.

kenaroo

Reaction
If your going with neck system.. go try them on first before you order

the EVS system seems small to most of us and was very restricting. though we're fat old guys..

might fit you young skinny guys better.

Nothing is gay looking until someone tells you.. "you look Fabulous" wearing it.:)

but then again.. I'm still one of the few that don't believe the hype in the neck brace protection.

but if it makes you feel safer.. by all means get one.

peezy

Reaction
ya, im going to be going to try them on

i might get both but idk

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
would, the rs3 work with almost any fox chest protecter? my friend thinks the neck thing for the dezert is gay to wear. haha.
Since when was safety gay? Does our buddy ride without a helmet?

Just tell him you'd rather look "gay" than laid up in bed with a broken neck.

peezy

Reaction
ya he is kinda a bro, rides with no shirt. im going to be going to motoworld to try on neck protecters.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
ya he is kinda a bro, rides with no shirt. im going to be going to motoworld to try on neck protecters.
Never listen to BRO's when it comes to safety. A guy that rides in a T-shirt and short obviously has no ef'ing clue when it comes to safety and dirt bikes.

Dress for the crash, not for the ride.

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction
Scotts Steering Stabilizer.. probably one of the most important pieces of equipment on your bike.

it saved my neck plenty of times.
Best chunk of money I ever spent on a bike! Don't leave home without it!!!

Racer21(Roberto)

Reaction
how come all of those pros don't wear chest protectors, but they wear neck braces?

any reason why? rather have a bunch of bruised organs, than a snapped neck? or is it an agility thing?

peezy

Reaction
idk,

what does Scotts Steering Stabilizer do for the bike?

motoman29

Reaction
how come all of those pros don't wear chest protectors, but they wear neck braces?

any reason why? rather have a bunch of bruised organs, than a snapped neck? or is it an agility thing?
a lot of them wear under the jersey protection. it is a sponsor thing. the sponsors want their logos as clear as possible. over the jersey protectors make that hard to do.

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
idk,

what does Scotts Steering Stabilizer do for the bike?
its a Steering Stabilizer:rolleyes:

it keeps the bike straight and reduces speed wobbles on the bike bla bla bla

i love my GPR and its saved me a bunch of times.

i had the neck brace your looking at and i didnt like it so i gave it to my pops

save up some money and get a leatt, i dont know if i will ever have to put it to the test but it makes me feel safe when im in the middle of baja

cosmo

Super Moderator
Reaction

Actually, for outdoor motocross a lot of guy's where the foam type under the jersey chest protector. I tried one years ago, I missed the solid feel of a standard chest protector.

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
a lot of them wear under the jersey protection. it is a sponsor thing. the sponsors want their logos as clear as possible. over the jersey protectors make that hard to do.
Actually, for outdoor motocross a lot of guy's where the foam type under the jersey chest protector. I tried one years ago, I missed the solid feel of a standard chest protector.
Exactly.

Roost hurts like a mo'fo at those speeds. Look at Reed the next time he's on the podium. You don't think his shoulders are really that broad do you?

The only guy I ever heard of purposely not wearing one was Damon Bradshaw. For one thing he was usually out front, and when he would get hit it it would piss him off and he'd use that anger to work his way to the front. That's why he is "The Beast from the East".