Hi. I'm looking for these 4 japanese guys that raced the B1K 2008.

herzeleid

Reaction
Hi. I attended the 2008 Baja 1000. While I was looking for a Monster Energy Drink stand (I wanted a beverage) I saw 4 Japanese guys. I approached them and asked if they were Japanese (You know, sometimes Asians look similar. i.e. Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc). Their answer was: "Yes".

Hey, I study Japanese. How often am I able to practice the language? Well, the point is... we were talking like 30 minutes or so, and they were so kind with me.

I would like to contact them (myspace, facebook, messenger, skype, etc) so I can meet them again at the contingency.

I know this is kind of sissy but... Please, if somebody knows them, help me.
They raced a bike, and they said that they came from Japan.
This is their picture.
Thanks in advance.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Its a long shot but go through the entries in the program for last years race (in the bike section) and look for racers from Japan with "Arai" & "KBFRS" listed as sponsors, that would be a start.

Tipracer

Reaction
There is a group of riders that come from japan every year(not sure it they are the same group over and over- baja_seve might have more information) but they typically run in the sportsman class, that might help to narrow you search.

Tipracer

Reaction
and the kid is either short round or the kid from goonies

herzeleid

Reaction
haha... I didn't know that there was a group that comes to japan every year.
Hey, the kid was very cute. I didn't understand anything of what he said. I was talking to his dad. The guy from the right.
I'll try to private message baja_seve

deano

McDeano
Reaction
i'll get ahold of the "da token japenese guy" glenn-g-son and have him get with his people, to hook-up with your people and their people and he'll find these other japenese guys, no problemos !!!! :eek: :cool:

knucklemeat

Reaction
haha after seeing the title to this thread i thought maybe there was some freaky craigslist stuff going on here lol

Baja_Seve

Reaction
255x Tomoki Hayashi/Kazunari Iriki, Japan, Honda CRF450X, or

284x Yuji Kikuchi/Tatsuo Imaizumi, Japan, Honda CRF450X.

Tomoki Hayashi is a multi entrant in previous Baja 1000s.

Call Sue at Score, and diplomatically and courteously ask her for contact info on both these teams.

punchdrunk monkey

Reaction
We had a Japanese guy pull into our pit at the 500 last year. He barely spoke any english and we hurting bad. I believe his number was 405. Don't know if it's the same guy but an info might help.

mustafa

Reaction
Wasn't there a team from Japan that raced a restored 60's bike in the sportsman class too?

rickf

Reaction
Wasn't there a team from Japan that raced a restored 60's bike in the sportsman class too?

I think that was '07.

It was Dave Ekins, riding a Honda CL 72, better known as the 305 Scrambler, which proved it was possible to traverse the length of Baja California in a motorized vehicle. Now some 45 years later, another Honda is making the run. Believe it or not, a team from Japan is going to ride the 2007 SCORE Baja 1000 on this near exact replica of the bike that Ekins rode. The brave men are Katsuhisa Mikami, Hiroyuki Watanabe and Jun Mihashi and they say that they are doing it as a tribute to Ekins and the Honda. We hope they have a great ride

Porboy

Reaction
We had a Japanese guy pull into our pit at the 500 last year. He barely spoke any english and we hurting bad. I believe his number was 405. Don't know if it's the same guy but an info might help.

It was 401x. 2009 Baja 500.

tacoloco12

Reaction
If you are going to ask Sue for help at SCORE ask her for the phone number for a guy named ShoGo (spelling) he knows all from Japan.

herzeleid

Reaction
Thank you so much Baja_Seve and TacoLoco12.. I'll contact Sue for sure.
And I will try to do it ASAP cuz the BAJA 1000 is around the corner. I wouldn't like to miss the opportunity of talking to them again. Perhaps I can invite them a "Carne Asada".

jposey66

Reaction
I wonder if that is the same group that raced a Harley Sportster in the 2000? They were from Japan. Anyone remember that?

Posey
BAMA

alloyz

Reaction
If you look at entry lists for the 1000 over the past 20 years, you'll see alot of Japanese entries in the Sportsman bikes. In the 90s there was a company from japan that set up the program so fairly well off but fairly slow guys could enter the Mil which evidently carried much prestige back home.