On Topic Hi jumper

Mark Hicks

Reaction
I've got this old hi jumper and I was wondering if there was any Id numbers anywhere on the frame and I was also wondering what a panzer was I got a set of panzer front beam clamps on it instead of the hi jumper clamps
IMG_1885.jpg
IMG_2388.jpg
IMG_2405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert mobile app

Bro_Gill

Reaction
No I.D. numbers on Hi-jumpers. Your chassis is an RS ll model single seater. I am not sure about years available, but I know they started around 1976 and were still available in their catalog in 1983 to purchase new. Wheelbase was available from 93" up to 115". Short wheelbase cars are most likely early year cars. After about 1981, most were longer than 100" for the desert and right at 100" for shortcourse. The clamps are kind of like this- You could get just about any of the clamps on any of the chassis at the time. Panzer was a chassis builder but not as prolific as funco or Hi-jumper. I think whoever was doing the clamps for companies just did large runs and whatever was available at the time of need was what the manufacturers used. I have seen Panzer clamps on all 3 of the above manufacturers chassis as well as used by Creative Automotive, Mckenzies, etc... Your car still has the original Hi-jumper rear shock mounts and the body isn't too molested.

Mark Hicks

Reaction
Thank you sir and on the clamps I'd rather have the hi jumper clamps but when I got the car it didn't have them so I was about to cut the front off and use the clamps people use today until a guy messaged me and said he had a set so really I can't complain because I paid $25 for them

Sent from my iPhone using race-deZert