Hi-Lift Jack, where to buy?

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
I'm looking to buy a 60" Hi-Lift jack, and was wondering where a good cheap place is to pick one up. Some people have recomended just getting a Farm Jack (same thing) because its a little cheaper, but I haven't been able to find any who sell a 60" lift.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jason

98 Tacoma Prerunner, Camburg Long Travel Kit

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
I have seen them at Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers. You may also want to look in a 4Wheeler or 4wheel drive and off-road magazine...there are plenty of ads that might have them for sale.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

PLS

Reaction
Its been so long since I bought mine, what is a good price. I just saw an add for a 60" one for $52. Is that good?

singlehanded

Reaction
meckenzies and I've seen then at Harbor freight for cheap, but you get what youy pay for I guess.

local

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
at 4 wheel parts wholesalers they have them and ever once in a while the go on sale, but they always have a "low price guarantee"....tell them that they'll sell em to you cheaper at central 4wd and they'll knock a few bucks off.

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Around $50 sounds right...I bought mine about 10 years ago so I don't remeber exactly.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
Thanks everyone, it looks like Central4wd is the cheapest at around $50. I figured Harbor Frieght would be the cheapest but i haven't been able to find a 60" in their catolog or website.

J_Dog

Reaction
Jason,
Personally, I don't care for Central 4WD and I would buy it at Four Wheel Parts and Wholesalers. They do have a low price guarantee and will match or beat competitor's prices. I have dealt with the 4WP&W in Sacramento and they have always given good prices and good customer service. Central 4WD, at least in Sacramento, has very cocky employees who have poor customer service skills. They always seem like you are bothering them when you ask questions or want to make a purchase. This is just my $ .02. Not trying to start any store wars.

Jeff Matlock

havahockey

Flipper
Reaction
The reason I may go with Central4wd is because 1. The 60" Hilift is almost $20 cheaper, and 2. I get a discount on shipping being apart of TTORA (Tacoma Territory Offroad Association). I'm going to go to 4WP when I'm ready to buy and see if they will match the price + shipping, and I'm sure they will. I've just heard too many bad stories about 4WP to buy from them on a regular basis.

TRDshaunTRD

Reaction
but 4wp is like one mile from your house, so there is no shipping cost, and no hassle, and like everyone said, they will match the price.

"Those who risk nothing are nothing."

ntsqd

Reaction
The trick used to be just finding a 60" version. I looked high and low for one 3.5 years ago. Everyone carried the 48" and the guy @ 4WP told me I would never need a 60" jack. Finally had the local 4wd shop order one. Now he carries them.
BTW, I've found that Pedro's Ice Wax MTB chain lube works really well on the mechanism and doesn't attract grit.

TS

"Teach you all I know and you're still stupid"
-- Howdy Lee