Hi...my name is Jason....

J Prich

Hey gang,
Came across this website while looking for some spectator info on the Mint this year and got sucked in! Born in Vegas but grew up in So Cal. Made the trek out when I was about 7 to the Mint 400 in 1980 and it became an annual tradition until it's demise in 88. Don't come from a racing family and really have no direct connection other then my own fandom. Looked forward every year to updating my bedroom wallpaper with new posters acquired from contingency on Fremont St as a kid.

I joined the military after a few years of college and travelled a bit before ending up back here in Vegas. Got away from the sport and had no idea it was still as active as it is here in Nevada. Just coincidentally happened to hear a local radio interview Cam Steele did a few days before the Mint this year and got excited about it all over again. Probably have less then a year left here in Vegas before I'll have to move on again but I enjoy reading the goings on. The off road appeal for me has always come from the fact that it truly is an "every man" sport. Where else can an 8 year old kid help his dad and a random racer help make ducktape repairs to a race car and send him on his way! I really appreciate the community aspect of the sport that's reflected in the interaction that takes place here (well, maybe minus the whole Mint silt debate!).

Anyway, I'm an admitted outsider from a racing stand point but I figure the fact that I have an autographed Roger Mears poster and photo albums full of old Mint action ought to buy me some street cred! Appreciate getting to reconnect with the sport through you guys and this forum.

Demp

#mikesson
Yo Jason,

Take some pics of the old Mint swag.. we love that kind of stuff!

Welcome to RDC!

J Prich

My pops is a bit of an amatuer photog and he's got albums full of old mint photos, tech and race stuff. I'm guessing over an 8 year period we're probably talking about 300+. I'm going to try to liberate them and scan them for future use. There's a lot of good old school stuff in there.

Demp

#mikesson
Let us know buddy!!! Im trying to get copies of the awesome old school race photos to frame and put in my house.