Hi! New guy fromArizona

chatter_splatter

Hi everyone! My name is Will and I'm currently living in Prescott Arizona. I'm an engineering student relocating to Phoenix next year.

I've found so much invaluable information browsing the forums that I decided I needed to get involved. There's so much knowledge and experience here.

I'm refreshing a 2006 Silverado with a Gen 1 Mazzulla race kit that I picked up a couple months ago.

I look forward to discussing this sport/hobby with everyone and becoming a part of the community!

Attachments

Castle

Most of the flat stuff is closer to Chino where you enter the more "high desert" environment.

I'm about to start cutting up my rig which means I obviously won't be driving it for a while. If you want to meet up and go search for some spots send me a DM.
I'm going to take my rig out one or two more times before I start cutting and run it "hard" so I can try to get a before & after on my mods.

You might also try out Williamson Valley Road, north of the Camp Wood turnoff, or roads off both sides of 89 north of Paulden.

Further away and lower altitude, check out Bagdad and SW Yavapai County.

chatter_splatter

Thanks guys! I've been out Williamson valley road all the way up to Seligman and didn't really see a whole lot of desert trail. There's a badass jump though. I've also been down camp wood road all the way to Bagdad and it was pretty good. Favorite so far is Geiser Loop near Phoenix. Lots of high speed with some nice whoops and holes. It's a good place to do tuning, but not very scenic. Clarkdale has some good trails too but it's pretty far.

Castle

Honestly, MVUM are your friend. The Avenza app lets you download them and use them interactively. There's a lot more trails to play on than most people think.

chatter_splatter

I'll have to check it out! Ive found a few trails with Google maps, but I'm sure it has nowhere near the info a dedicated off road map does.