high lift floor jacks?

fly97ford

I searched the forums on floor jack, jacks, and hydraulic; nevertheless, I remember seeing some discussion on quick pump floor jacks that you can use out on the trail. I wanted something I can mount in my bed cage and use when and if I get a flat. I've seen some in the past with big rubber tires to help stay afloat on the dirt/slit. With long travel suspension front/rear a high lift jack is really risky at the very last notch. I'd rather use a floor jack on the axle or I-beam.

Anyone know where I can get a quality jack? Who has the best price? What brand or better yet any picutures of them too.

Thanks in advance!

KitRacer

I have a high lift two pump jack that i bought from H&M. You could easily replicate it yourself. It's just a quick pump craftsman jack with axles welded underneath the body and big pneumatic tires to keep it sittin real high.

slimjim

if your just looking for something to carry in your vehicle all the time, not for racing, or changing flats in a hurry - then you could use a large bottle jack with the extendable shaft. I bought one at harbor freight, pretty low price. the base is real small, so i made a wood base that attaches to the jack for sand, or soft dirt. I keep the bottle jack in my truck at all times, and the wood base in the ammo box in the bed. it's kinda ghetto, but good price, and works great. I couldn't even get my tires close to coming off the ground with a 4' high lift under my bumper - and a six foot high lift just scares the poop outa me.