• Forum membership has its advantages....

Hitting a donkey wide open on a motorcycle - 2019 V2R

trevorhunter224

Had a wild ride at this year's Vegas to Reno! After getting on the bike just 10 miles before at Pit 4 in Goldfield, a wild donkey ran out in front of me leaving me no room and I ended up hitting it but riding out of it! The end result was best case scenario in my book and I was able to finish out both of my 100 mile sections, but it could have been much worse. We ended up 4th O/A on the day after a few different setbacks..

Here's a recap of the action from Pit 4 - Pit 5

NIKAL

Impressive! That donkey could have ended way bad! Big balls to be doing 100+ on a bike. Congrats on 4th O/A.

XR Baja

Thanks for sharing your helmet-cam video!
Thankfully, you didn’t (T-bone) that donkey in the belly.

misterktm

Looks like a total different course. By the time we got there it looked nothing like this video - there is actually vegitation in the center crown in this video, amazing!

Looks like you had a great ride, despite the ass trying to do you in. Good job.

MTPyle

great video and close call.

I can't believe how smooth the course is. I need to go thru our in car and find the same stretch of road, it was way messed up and had huge ruts and rocks. Not to take anything away from the MC guys but that's a very different course than we raced. We started 70th in the trucks so follow a lot of HP and big tires.

Mike

trevorhunter224

great video and close call.

I can't believe how smooth the course is. I need to go thru our in car and find the same stretch of road, it was way messed up and had huge ruts and rocks. Not to take anything away from the MC guys but that's a very different course than we raced. We started 70th in the trucks so follow a lot of HP and big tires.

Mike
it's amazing how pristine it is starting 2nd O/A!