Holding your breath.........

GlamisGurlie

goddess like
Reaction
OK here's how you do it.

No pre-set course. Give out the location to the check points the night before the race. You have to find and make it to all check points in sequence. Set speed traps on the highway & DQ for going over the posted speed limits.

I would love to see a race like this, Craig! Dave Simpson and I talked about this a few years back, which would stop all the b.s.

I dont see any of it as cheating. If you call SCORE, the answering machine clearly states you must press #1 to report cheating in english.

I am cracking up!!! Thank you!!!

cancinoj

Reaction
Whats the rule on helos flying too low?:eek:

the rulebook says,. all rotary aircraft must maintain a minimum altitude of 500'agl and 500' off the edge line of the race course when traveling with or against the direction of the race or when traveling near pit and or spectator areas,.

DanMcMillin

Crane Motorsports
Reaction
Is this an excuse thread? Quick, someone call whine-1-1 and get the whambulance here asap!

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
the rulebook says,. all rotary aircraft must maintain a minimum altitude of 500'agl and 500' off the edge line of the race course when traveling with or against the direction of the race or when traveling near pit and or spectator areas,.

Uncle_Bob

Reaction

SCORE or the FAA?

I love drama

michael_loomis

Reaction
HAHA, well if you guys want to get THAT technical about it... Every racer who sets up his pit according to the rulebook is DQed for going outside the course boundry!! LOL

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
HAHA, well if you guys want to get THAT technical about it... Every racer who sets up his pit according to the rulebook is DQed for going outside the course boundry!! LOL

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Okay........Nimrod stir up number 2...........What about all the TT's that used their helo's to guide them around the bottleneck that was caused in the first 20 miles while all the TT's without helos played bumper cars in a field while the class 1's flew by on the now wide open race course.........

I'd be laughing my butt off if it didn't cost us 20 minutes so instead I'm crying and trying to figure out just how far and fast can a gyro-copter fly and how can I mount one on the roof of the short bus...........

You just gotta let some things go......It's Baja and I love it!

cancinoj

Reaction
haha, i think the heli sh.. is crap,. the thing here started with pitting on the tarmac,. thats what really matters, no one gives a da.. about the helis,. well, i think,.

Moneypit

Reaction
I would love to see a race like this, Craig! Dave Simpson and I talked about this a few years back, which would stop all the b.s.

I am cracking up!!! Thank you!!!

That idea would encourage blazing new trails cross country,I don't think that would work because of the ever so increasing environmental restrictions, BUT how about more checkpoints? There was what? 6? for a 432 mile race? How about 20? If they were manned by two guys you would need 28 more people. $100 for 20 hours and a score membership/t shirt total less than $3000 to preserve the integrity of our sport and the legendary baja races. It would create an equal level of competition for all which would also affirm every budget racer that they have an equal chance.

Last edited:

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
my thoughts.......................penalties are coming............to ALL that fudged over 60 or cheated.................remember where you heard it.................pistol knows all.........................

Congrats on the finish pete. I didn't find out until today. WM/Score ops kept thinking you were out due to Harbor Freight's report of being broken down on the highway. Hope you got"em out okay. Peace!

michael_loomis

Reaction
That idea would encourage blazing new trails cross country,I don't think that would work because of the ever so increasing environmental restrictions, BUT how about more checkpoints? There was what? 6? for a 432 mile race? How about 20? If they were manned by two guys you would need 28 more people. $100 for 20 hours and a score membership/t shirt total less than $3000 to preserve the integrity of our sport and the legendary baja races. It would create an equal level of competition for all which would also affirm every budget racer that they have an equal chance.

You guys must have missed my post..

They already have this race... its called the Dakar Rallye... pronounced... "Da Kar" :D

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
Congrats on the finish Pete. I didn't find out until today. WM/Score ops kept thinking you were out due to Harbor Freight's report of being broken down on the highway. Hope you got"em out okay. Peace!

Someone ALWAYS reports Pete out due to seeing Harbor Freight on the Hwy.........

Petey you oughta paint "This ain't the race truck" in big fluorescent letters on the back of that thing. :eek: :p :D

fishd00d

What A Joke
Reaction
"Weatherman Pistol Pete is out and heading to town for tacos on the highway"

Classic and knew right away it was the prerunner lol. Same thing happened all the time with Pflueger with the Protruck and prerunner and also with Mango protrucks and the prerunner. Its pretty funny when your driving the prerunner and everyone is looking at you like wtf you doing/going??

co-pilot

Reaction

its that simple, thats why it prpbably wont happen

deano

McDeano
Reaction
wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, "i have to drive my 400k trophy truck in baja in a race" and wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa "i don't have a helicopter to help me " :and everyone else is cheating" .......... you guys all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats :eek: what happened to starting at where the bald dude with the referee shirt is waving the green flag and return 9-10 hours later to the same bald dude with the referee shirt at the checkered flag waving finish ?? and the first one there "WINS" ... very simple, from a river guys point of view :cool:

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
wwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, "i have to drive my 400k trophy truck in baja in a race" and wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa "i don't have a helicopter to help me " :and everyone else is cheating" .......... you guys all sound like a bunch of spoiled brats :eek: what happened to starting at where the bald dude with the referee shirt is waving the green flag and return 9-10 hours later to the same bald dude with the referee shirt at the checkered flag waving finish ?? and the first one there "WINS" ... very simple, from a river guys point of view :cool:

i like the way you think ... it's kinda like the "last one there is a rotten egg" approach...

as long as EVERYBODY is playing by the same rules than it's all good