Holding your breath.........

Dezertpilot

Reaction
So I heard something about a certain helo picking up a certain well known builder from some where and dropping them off at a certain spot that might be advantageous to a certain team? Just another rumor haha!

BajaFand

Reaction
That idea would encourage blazing new trails cross country,I don't think that would work because of the ever so increasing environmental restrictions, BUT how about more checkpoints? There was what? 6? for a 432 mile race? How about 20? If they were manned by two guys you would need 28 more people. $100 for 20 hours and a score membership/t shirt total less than $3000 to preserve the integrity of our sport and the legendary baja races. It would create an equal level of competition for all which would also affirm every budget racer that they have an equal chance.

That is the way to do it and SNORE has it right. I remember at the '08 Mint there was 3 or 4 stop checkpoints and 20-something visual checkpoints that you didn't have to stop at and that was a 100 mile course.

Tipracer

Reaction
Hidden checks and speed traps, problem solved. (besides making the data recovered public) As far as people flying in help for an extraction....really?? what has happened to this sport, Now sure it is easy for me to add my .02 when I mostly race with low budget teams..but there is a point at which it becomes silly, go ahead spend all that money to salvage a race(and what get mid-pack at best??), I will continue to race with ALL my integrity and enjoy the sport for what it is.
All I know is that there will be penalties and there will be some unhappy racers.
Viva Baja.

JoeyD23

Reaction
So I heard something about a certain helo picking up a certain well known builder from some where and dropping them off at a certain spot that might be advantageous to a certain team? Just another rumor haha!

Geiser? It was all over weatherman......Bob was trying to help land the chopper as close to Rick as possible........

nimrod

KOOK!
Reaction
He only went to inspect the repair and welding that they had already done. The main concern was safety. They were something like 5 hours down at that point and they still waited another hour for Rick to get there and inspect the welding and the A arm. I would hardly call that an advantage.........It was purely a safety inspection.

It is something that most people don't have access to including the DA.....We don't have a Heli but I don't fault anyone who does and uses it for safety.........

On another note, we are partners with Rick and he comes with us as a full fledged team member with his expenses covered by Pab and Heidi so it is a little weird to see him leave us to go help another team........That's just a small price to pay for the privilege of having one of the best TT builders in the world as part of our team.

I think a lot of the other TT teams benefit from him being down there with us though.

Sic_Racing

Reaction
Whats the rule on helos flying too low?:eek:

We were right next to you guys!
I was the one with the monster shirt
and yeah, that helo was waaaaaaaaaaaay to low to the ground
scared the SH!!!T out of me when it passed by

promaxmarine

Reaction
helo's arent racing! i wouldn't worry about it! if you dont have one oh well, but the guys who dont have one are the ones who have needed them most. and over the years the helos you are talking about have really helped out other teams and saved lives. ie Herbst, collins, rg, norman. if there is an accident they are the ones who will be there first. just my .02

Chas Moore

Reaction
neat. 7 might get a top ten after all. keep it under 60.

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
The military should build a TT and have an F-22 chase for them...or if you want to keep it rotorcraft, an apache. That would just be bada$$

jo maoma

Heisenberg
Reaction
The military should build a TT and have an F-22 chase for them...or if you want to keep it rotorcraft, an apache. That would just be bada$$

ok, time to put the bong down....

j/k :D

PAB

40's rock!
Reaction
he is known as "DIRT-DUUUUDDDDDDDEE" ?? :rolleyes: is this thread still going, i can't hold my breath this long !! :eek:

Limited web reception at the River?

This is just for fun as I really think Dean-O is sexy, he is family

Chaplain

God Dude
Reaction
Just thought I would add one more subject to this RG thread to see if it can outlast WTAR:

What was the deal with RG's Hummer? Was it there to prerun? I never saw it in the race, but saw it at the hotel. Just curious carry on.