Hole in IMS tank

AZCPP

Reaction
Has anyone ever used JBWeld to patch a hole in a plastic tank (IMS)? my almost new IMS had a buldge in the side of the tunnel that touched the backbone and rubbed a hole in it's self. I know I should have put foam on the backbone when I put it on and have done so now but, I have used JB to patch the tank and if it doesn't work I'll plastic weld it. Has anyone else used JB like this?

BANNEDFROMBAJA

2317 Cherimoya Drive Suite A Vista, CA 92084
Reaction
call IMS and they might hook you up with a new tank or a discounted price

on my dads IMS tank near the pet c0ck area it would leak, so i took it to IMS and they gave us a good deal on one

good luck

baja stu

Reaction
JB weld will just get brittle and crack. Just plastic weld it and be done with it. I did that to my YZF450.

calexiraptor

Reaction
mine just broke from where the integrated nut is, it cracked from the inside and leaks between the nut and plastic, any1 think ims will sell me one with a discount? thanks!

dirtdudeaz

Reaction
+1 on calling IMS they either hook you up with a deal or will replace it depending on the circumstances

BANNEDFROMBAJA

Reaction
mine just broke from where the integrated nut is, it cracked from the inside and leaks between the nut and plastic, any1 think ims will sell me one with a discount? thanks!

its worth giving them a call and telling them what happened

AZCPP

Reaction
I received an email from Jack Manley@IMS today and he said if I wanted to send it to them they would inspect it and either replace it or discount me a new one. But, I may have f-ed myself by using JB on it so I could use it last weekend. I'll see what he says and post the answer.

calexiraptor

Reaction
can u give me his email? i once emailed this one lady at ims about a valve rebuild kit and never got a response

Giant Geoff

Reaction
Rub a bar of soap on it, no joke it works ever time and will last long.

AZCPP

Reaction
Here is the reply I got from Mr. Manley today after I told him I felt I had voided any warranty by using JB Weld on the tank.

"If at any point you want us to take a look at it, please do not hesitate to let us know -- we'd be happy to look at it, even if it has been JB welded. Thanks for your email!"

That impresses me!

BANNEDFROMBAJA

Reaction
told ya they would help you :D

i hop all goes well

57Racer

Reaction
They really are pretty stand-up people. I have a half a dozen people who would attest to the excellent customer service.