Honda 3.5 ?

just josh

RDC Crypto
I am kicking around the idea of putting a 3.5 v6 honda motor in to my prerunner baja but i have a few questions. What do I do about a wireing harness and the ecm, I would like to keep a stock ecm and have it reworked to work for my car. So who does such a thing as to do all the reworkings of the harness and ecm

Random Thoughts Racing

RDC Crypto
IIRC newer honda ecu's must also have the key. Look up the old threads on the Darren Hardesty class 1 Alumicraft. He used the Honda v6, but I cant remember what they did for an ECU.

joe1369

RDC Crypto
The 3.5 Honda's work well with the stock ecm, v-tec performance in Oregon, sells all you need, add a 70 mm throttle body, or if you want some real power out of a v6 talk to Carl about the 3.7 liter Honda package.:D

just josh

RDC Crypto
Thanks guys I am just trying to keed the $$$ down untill saw the 3.7 now will a 091 transmission hold up that cause i relly dont want a spendola

Dezertpilot

RDC Crypto
HIGHLY doubt it!!!

joe1369

RDC Crypto
Yea, The V-tec performance guys swear, that the 3.7 is very equal to an LS1, as far a seat of the pants goes, 091 not so good unless you can restrict you impulse on the Go GO PEDEL.

07FJRog

RDC Crypto
I am kicking around the idea of putting a 3.5 v6 honda motor in to my prerunner baja but i have a few questions. What do I do about a wireing harness and the ecm, I would like to keep a stock ecm and have it reworked to work for my car. So who does such a thing as to do all the reworkings of the harness and ecm

also you can call Chris at "Benchmark Performance", 760-484-0986 in San Diego area. he has done several honda motors for offroad and is very familiar when using stock ECU's and Stock harnesses with and without Turbo's. from the 4 cyl hondas to the v6's 3.0 3.2 3.5.

Rog