Honda Considering Street-Legal Off Road Bike? Give Them Your Feedback!

cbrdoll

Resident Cougar
Reaction
In many regions of the country the only way to get from one riding location to another is to take roads that require street legal vehicles. We would like to understand your interest in an Off Road motorcycle that would be street legal, but whose main focus would be on Off Road performance. This would differ from a Dual Sport bike which is designed to perform equally well both on road and off road. In order to be street legal a motorcycle is required to have front and rear turn signals, front and rear lights, a speedometer and horn in addition to meeting emissions requirements. These requirements could cause the bike to be somewhat heavier and/or more expensive. The following survey is to gauge your interest in the value of having an Off Road bike that is also street legal.

http://www.hondasurveys.com/se.ashx?s=41783EA53D1D8097

Jerry Zaiden

Reaction
Done! I hope they make a new Honda 450 street legal!!!!!!! :D

Mike @ pit b

#Mike@PlanB
Reaction
Wow. They really care about what I think. I clicked "none" on the bikes of theirs that I ride and it just said "Thank you for completing our survey."

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Done! I hope they make a new Honda 450 street legal!!!!!!! :D
Why cant the X be street leagal? KTM OWNS the street leagal market, Honda could jump in.

Stinky Gas

Reaction
They will probably throw a 250 motor in something like Yamaha did with their SM. Is a 250 easier for these companies to comply with California standards?

Dezertpilot

Reaction

dezerts10

BANG!! BANG!!
Reaction
i just want something thats red to supermoto out legally so i can ride back and forth to work on it

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
Did this to me too, it seems Honda has forgotten a segment of M1 liscensed consumers who owned older dual sports but havent bought the new abc123X stuff because it wasnt offered in a desirable package.

Heres your choices... http://powersports.honda.com/offroad/dual-sport.aspx Come on Honda you can do better.

Wow. They really care about what I think. I clicked "none" on the bikes of theirs that I ride and it just said "Thank you for completing our survey."

Chase 2

Reaction
Plenty of talk on other forums about this Honda survey. Honda is just doing market research as to weather or not a plated CRF250x or CRF450x would have a market here in the US. This is not some kind of what Dual Sport bike or Super Motard bike do you want us to build survey.

One of the questions was; would you replace your existing bike with the new one, or would you have one each? I'm guessing that if everyone said they would buy the plated X in addition to their existing bike, Honda would be on this like white on rice.

PBR

Reaction
i would seriously consider selling my ktm if honda made something decent with a plate. i think the future of trail riding will require a plate in cali and honda needs to step up. and if they bring out another steel tanked 650L they can keep it!!!

5RsCA

Reaction
If honda had a plated crf450x when I was purchasing I probably would have never bought either Husqvarna, even tho I am digging my 07 & 09 te450s.

AzDzrtRcr

Reaction
A Honda street legal bike would be a great addition to a already great tradition.