Honda Ridgeline Baja 1000 Test (Photos & Video)

Kilian

_
Reaction

“Bringing the turbo V6 in to the program from Honda was a definite challenge. There’s so much that goes in to it with intercoolers, turbos, plumbing for the turbos. I’d say this takes the cake for being one of the tougher builds we’ve done. I think once we finish the Baja 1000 it will prove to a lot of people that this platform is reliable and they can use it as well,” said builder/driver, Jason LaFortune.

Follow Honda Off-Road as they tackle the most difficult form of racing on the planet.

Honda Off-Road

Link to full photo gallery --> Honda Off-Road Unlimited Ridgeline Baja 1000 Test - race-deZert.com

Produced by Mad Media
Photography by Mad Media

blue dog

Reaction
Best of luck .

Jeepspeedster

Reaction
Well,, it ran solid all day thru night. With exception of a few silt bed issues .. More stories to come

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

steve0we

Reaction
Sweet, way to go! Good news is good marketing, and good marketing is good for all of us! I can see it now...

"Baja proven, PD approved...." should sell millions! Anything PD approves sells more!

Dirty Harry

Reaction
This is a great group of guys with a bunch of talent. I'm glad to see them finish the 1000 in a new vehicle and am excited to follow them next season.

Sent from the RDC Mobile App. Get it for your IOS device today

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
The Honda ran strong all day and night, no issues. A solid build and a solid team to put a new car out there with little testing and finish what some of the old timers called the toughest Baja in 30 years.

The helpful Honda guys(Fullpull and myself) were out at 430-440 thru the night pulling out stuck rigs in the silt.

Go buy a Honda.

07FJRog

Reaction
Congrats on the finish, i was a doubter, proved me wrong.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
The Honda ran strong all day and night, no issues. A solid build and a solid team to put a new car out there with little testing and finish what some of the old timers called the toughest Baja in 30 years.

The helpful Honda guys(Fullpull and myself) were out at 430-440 thru the night pulling out stuck rigs in the silt.

Go buy a Honda.

If it wasn't for a last minute decision to change your location we would have been out of the race right than and there ..

Thanks for completely saving our race!

Beyond being super clutch in a pinch, you and Russ gained my utmost respect this past weekend. Viva Baja!

CRAIG_HALL

Reaction
If it wasn't for a last minute decision to change your location we would have been out of the race right than and there ..

Thanks for completely saving our race!

Beyond being super clutch in a pinch, you and Russ gained my utmost respect this past weekend. Viva Baja!

I heard it's headed to the LA auto show that's going on right now? fresh off the race all dirty??

dislocated1

Reaction
I was walking around the auto show on Sunday saying they should drive it right in here! Push a couple Fit's outta the way and leave a silt trail there!

Congrats on the finish! Bad-a$$

El Mamito USMC

Reaction
great news..

EBryant

Reaction

Go buy a Honda.
25 hours to finish but no problems? I admit I was surprised to see it come by at RM650 Saturday AM. Having a hard time believing it ran trouble free and took that long.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
25 hours to finish but no problems? I admit I was surprised to see it come by at RM650 Saturday AM. Having a hard time believing it ran trouble free and took that long.

The car ran flawless, I honestly think it could go another 1000 miles without an issue.

The downtime was simply from the nasty course conditions.. We got stuck early on in a log jam, than got hung up again around Europan (from another log jam)

Driver change at rm250 and spent some time digging at 258..

Had Kritter positioned around rm450 where he became invaluable and he completely saved our race. Buried her around 450 back to back. Mid retrieval our/his attention was diverted due to an emergency on course. Almost 11 hours to go 150 miles down south. The conditions were absolute dog crap, silt and fog made it so tough to do anything safely. With what had just transpired it wasn't about being the fastest on course, it was about making it home safe.

... But yes the truck was absolutely flawless. Ask the fans around Valley T about the 7000rpm fire breathing down shifts :)

Last edited: