Honda Ridgeline Off-Road Race Vehicle (Video & Photos)

JDDurfey

Reaction
I just looked at the pics again, I don't understand what everyone is going on about. K&N pleated air filters have good air flow. I personally don't think they are the best filter, but I have used them, just not in a race condition. THey actually filter a little better when they get dirty because the dirt helps filter out more dirt.

Is it the location everyone dislikes? Or do you think they are small?

What is the difference between this and having a single round filter sticking up out of the hood like most used to run? It does appear that the hood will have to come off if they need to do a filter change. Add a simple filter indicator in the cockpit and hope for the best I guess. The turbo shouldn't change a thing. There are a lot of pick ups running around with 60 plus PSI of boost with one single K&N filter. Yes, they are probably bigger than one of these, but not when you put the two together.

With as much engineering that was obviously put into this machine I am sure someone checked that these filters would flow the CFM the engine requires.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
K&N is a street filter not an offroad racing filter on a high performance twin turbo motor. I can only imagine what's going to happen once they are clogged.

Flatout

Reaction
Great Truck... After reading the Honda Spec Sheet and SCORE Class 2 rules why doesn't any of the FORD Ecoboost guys from BITD Class 7200 enter the Baja 1000 and make a challenge??? It would put Ford against Honda.... This Honda has a 84.5 inch front track like the 7200 trucks have and the only thing different that I see is that a 7200 truck has to run a Turbo 400 transmission and the Honda has an Albine 6 speed other than that they are pretty close. Now that would make a good grudge race... Who's your $ on????

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Great Truck... After reading the Honda Spec Sheet and SCORE Class 2 rules why doesn't any of the FORD Ecoboost guys from BITD Class 7200 enter the Baja 1000 and make a challenge??? It would put Ford against Honda.... This Honda has a 84.5 inch front track like the 7200 trucks have and the only thing different that I see is that a 7200 truck has to run a Turbo 400 transmission and the Honda has an Albine 6 speed other than that they are pretty close. Now that would make a good grudge race... Who's your $ on????
ford DOESNT care....i WON the baja 1000 LAST year with an ECOBOOST RAPTOR......they could care less (no i didnt get it either)........and for you guys who think this honda is a "factory" program????? ...really??? its a no name guy that OWNS a honda dealership....racing in a class by himself.....starting in the BACK......"factory effort"??? really??.......................and a 7200 truck does NOT have to run a t-400......any trans legal for class 7 or 7200....

JaysinDesignz

Reaction
Thats where Roger was sticking me in my Ultra4 4500 rockracer with a 4cyl turbo was Class 2.

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
........and for you guys who think this honda is a "factory" program????? ...really??? its a no name guy that OWNS a honda dealership....racing in a class by himself.....starting in the BACK......"factory effort"??? really??.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. It is a 100% factory effort from Honda and HPD (Honda Performance Development).

Pee Wee

Reaction
ford DOESNT care....i WON the baja 1000 LAST year with an ECOBOOST RAPTOR......they could care less (no i didnt get it either)........and for you guys who think this honda is a "factory" program????? ...really??? its a no name guy that OWNS a honda dealership....racing in a class by himself.....starting in the BACK......"factory effort"??? really??.......................and a 7200 truck does NOT have to run a t-400......any trans legal for class 7 or 7200....

Not only is he a no name nobody, he also drove a Trophylite for a few years, major demerits in the Pistol world.
It is as much of a factory effort as PPI was back in the day.

La Tijereta

Reaction
I remember when Pete came out with his early "proto-type" Trophylite at a Parker race... maybe even mistaken for a "factory" program??

1988.Parker. 722.Sohren.mitsubishi.21x.jpg

Yumaoffroad

Reaction
dang throwback thursday

BANNED4LIFE

Reaction
Not only is he a no name nobody, he also drove a Trophylite for a few years, major demerits in the Pistol world.
yea, my bad....i ALWAYS remember toyota having the dealership owners driving the baja1000......

pgarfinkle

Reaction

Not to mention his prior success on two wheels as well.

Jimmy8

Reaction
Honda has been known to do things a bit different than anyone else when it comes to motorsports. I know 100% for fact they have a 100% factory funded, with sponsorship from Maxis Tires, B-Spec team running the Rally America National Championship and they have James Robinson (A 9-5 5 day a week Honda Engineer) driving the car in Rally America. Not really who you'd think would be driving a factory backed rally car, but it works as they have won a few championships now. Knowing this, having a Honda dealer as a driver doesn't really surprise me. To me it doesn't really matter who is paying for the truck, whether it be Proctor or Honda, it's drawing some attention to the program, and that's always a good thing.

So Adam, since I have bit my tongue on this since the Mint, do I get the first interview with Jeff?

Flatout

Reaction
My BAD on the transmission rule for 7200 (got reading 6100 rules)..... But all the guys that race Ford EcoBoost in BITD why don't they race SCORE Class 2 against the Honda? Maybe Ford will get revved up and get more involved. Or just show WHO'S WHO

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
Honda has been known to do things a bit different than anyone else when it comes to motorsports. I know 100% for fact they have a 100% factory funded, with sponsorship from Maxis Tires, B-Spec team running the Rally America National Championship and they have James Robinson (A 9-5 5 day a week Honda Engineer) driving the car in Rally America. Not really who you'd think would be driving a factory backed rally car, but it works as they have won a few championships now. Knowing this, having a Honda dealer as a driver doesn't really surprise me. To me it doesn't really matter who is paying for the truck, whether it be Proctor or Honda, it's drawing some attention to the program, and that's always a good thing.

So Adam, since I have bit my tongue on this since the Mint, do I get the first interview with Jeff?

James is a great example. For those who know ANYTHING about Honda know that they are very "Honda family" oriented and very loyal to their own (Auto and Powersports). Not to mention their seemingly overly calculated approach coming to market with product launch/program.... But it only doesn't make sense to those who don't understand the Honda system.

For the record, Honda cut the check(s), those who believe otherwise are ignorant. There isn't one person out there who wouldn't jump at an opportunity such as this. There also aren't very many people out there in the off road world who have the ability to put something like this together. It has taken years to put this collaborative deal together.

Jimmy.. The schedule is packed but we may be able to pin him down for ya.

07FJRog

Reaction
Maybe i missed it, but what is the weight of the honda truck?
Prediction, it dont finish the 1K

Bricoop

Reaction
LOL-Some of you guys are such A$$holes:). Every new team has issues. That engine alone is worth more than most race vehicles. They're gonna make a lot of mistakes, they'll make changes and get better. "Familia"