Honda, Stand Alone ECM and Bell housing Adapter

Reaction
I'm designing an ultra light off road buggy.
I want to use the Honda K series engine.

Does anyone have recommendations on where and what brand to get for a completely stand alone engine management system with wiring harness.
This is the best I could find in my searches
https://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=73

This way I can just buy the motor instead of a full car and have to cut out the existing wiring harness.

Second does anyone know where I can get a bell housing adapter plate to RWD Automatic transmission Chrysler, GM, Ford bell housings. I would prefer Chrysler (jeep).
I cannot find one for a Honda engine.
The K series spin in the correct direction so it should be possible.
I'm sure someone made a rear wheel drive drag Honda, or 4wd Honda buggy before.

If it comes down to it I'll just make my own. Any one have experience with that.
It doesn't look to hard to me.

dwjet2

Reaction
Look into Kpro made by hondata. Just google hondata and it should come up.

I have seen a adaptor for a f20c (s2000 motor) to turbo 400.

You can go to honda-tech.com and search and you can find everything your looking for over there. I mainly cruise the welding and fab section there. I believe the guy who made the adaptor plates screen name was bmc race or something to that effect.

Good Luck and sounds fun, i know that k series is an awesome engine.

06dak287

Reaction
i used to be a street honda guy. x2 for kpro. could also look into mega squirt or AEM unit if you got the bills.

alot of guys are doing s2000 trannys up to the k20.

07FJRog

Reaction
Call Chris at Benchmark PErformance in Ramona Ca. 760-484-0986, he has the adaptors and such, he is a honda master. I am doing a K24a4 in my buggy with RSX ecu and K1 setup from Hondata. Got my ECu from a parts online place for 100, then a grand for the K1 and then you can tune it with a PC.

Chris can also tell ya what is needed to do this.

Rog Sent ya.

burninfuel

Reaction
Kennedy adapt to VW type 2 oo2, or 091. clutch and adapter . $660 all honda K, H, F series 2.0 thru 2.5L
I'm doing the same in my crumco class 5 unlimited

RyanWiW

Reaction
I'm designing an ultra light off road buggy.
I want to use the Honda K series engine.

Does anyone have recommendations on where and what brand to get for a completely stand alone engine management system with wiring harness.
This is the best I could find in my searches
https://www.kingmotorsports.com/category.aspx?cat=73

This way I can just buy the motor instead of a full car and have to cut out the existing wiring harness.

Second does anyone know where I can get a bell housing adapter plate to RWD Automatic transmission Chrysler, GM, Ford bell housings. I would prefer Chrysler (jeep).
I cannot find one for a Honda engine.
The K series spin in the correct direction so it should be possible.
I'm sure someone made a rear wheel drive drag Honda, or 4wd Honda buggy before.

If it comes down to it I'll just make my own. Any one have experience with that.
It doesn't look to hard to me.

Check your private messages.

Reaction
Haven't seen a K series adapter to fit up to a GM or other auto trans yet, although it may exist. The S2000 and the K series do NOT share the same bell housing pattern.
I do make K series adapters and flywheels to work with a VW trans. The flywheels are machined from steel billet, and have extensive pocketing on the outer areas to reduce mass and inertia.

For ECUs, I would look at Hondata K-Pro, Autronic SM4, and MoTeC.
Sounds like a fun project!
Let me know if you have any questions.