Honda Talon

Honda48X

Reaction
Everything Talon! Who has one? Are they good? Any upgrades needed? Is there a spot for a radio and coms with headsets? Where can I fit a Lowrance in it? What’s the aftermarket for add on’s like? Is the geared transmission better then a belt?

pdailey

Racer
Reaction
Everything Talon! Who has one? Are they good? Any upgrades needed? Is there a spot for a radio and coms with headsets? Where can I fit a Lowrance in it? What’s the aftermarket for add on’s like? Is the geared transmission better then a belt?

I've driven one. They are really fun. Love having a real transmission. The Fox live valve stuff is really cool. Here's a link for all your aftermarket needs.

TRXSonoma

Reaction
I have one and love it. Love having a real transmission. Its not a rocket ship but plenty fast enough to have fun. Rides a little stiff in stock form but hanging a 32" spare off the back fixed that. Haven't had a chance to add many upgrades yet though.
IMG_3090.JPG

Honda48X

Reaction
I have one and love it. Love having a real transmission. Its not a rocket ship but plenty fast enough to have fun. Rides a little stiff in stock form but hanging a 32" spare off the back fixed that. Haven't had a chance to add many upgrades yet though. View attachment 224150
Nice picture of your Talon, where was this taken at?

MTPyle

Reaction
Scott

I Have been looking at the Talon also. I hate belts so the Talon is appealing.

some research says if you are going to go with 32” you need to upgrade the steering box.

Rugged Radio makes a kit for comes for the Talon.

We may get one before San Felipe pre run.

Mike

critter81

Reaction
Well here is the skinny.... I can tell you on Monday. My company monitors 2500 dealers nationwide and we have over 55 million access records. We are doing a study on what UTV's come in for repair versus service. We did this for utility UTV's last week and Polaris was at the bottom by a LARGE margin and Honda's were at the top by a large margin... Honda's come in for service and Polaris comes in for repair.

I have a Talon, YXZ and RZR.. I like the Talon a lot. We do not see many problems from them at all.. The only quirk we have seen is in the live valve suspension. There is a TSB (we produced it) that if the Battery or System voltage drops too low it will put the suspension in LIMP mode and setting it to full stiff. You will need the little 75.00 jumper to reset the code or take is back to the dealership to have them reset it.. Honda cannot tell me the threshold of what is too low of voltage. I know that in some cases parking your Talon and leaving the stereo or lights on for too long will cause this. The car will still start but it's too late. So if you buy a live valve buy the 75.00 jumper tool and toss it in the glove box...

I mounted a radio in the glove box and GPS on the cage.

Also to the guy above and your front diff seal. if it is the drivers side blowing, the vent is not the problem..The user might be installing the seal backwards (yes that's a thing) or the diff has a machining issue (yes that's a thing too) have him take it to another dealer for inspection (Honda knows about some of this)

Also if you are buying the two seater we make a great cage for them and can ship them from Vegas.. hit me up for some pricing..
Honda Talon Roll Cage with Aluminum Roof, Bumper with cover, and FREE shipping! we also make these little guards for the sensors. If you knock off one of those sensors you will also be in limp mode

feel free to ask anything