Honda TRX250R Quad

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Okay... Following Klaus' lead on open topics.

I just picked up a really clean 1988 Honda TRX250r quad off of Ebay. This addition is to the present stable of quads that our kids ride. It's a bit big for the oldest boy (11 years) but, he'll grow quickly.

I must say that that this is the best handling quad I have ever ridden. It is the closest thing to riding a dirtbike in the sense of reaction time. it goes where you "think it" to go.

I have a Quadzilla (dune kook configuration) and, I had a Raptor.

I know now why these bikes still win the dez races ad why they are so damn popular. Also, there is just a ton of stuff available for them on Ebay. Search title and descriptions with the keywords "Honda 250r".

Cheers

PJCinLV

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
88 is all red, correct? That was the best year made for the Fourtrax. The debut in 86 was killer also, 87 the suspension sucked and then 88 they went back to the 86 setup and did some changes on the motor and it killed all the competition. I never heard much on the 89 but I have always felt that the 88 is the best year. I had an 86 and it was awesome but it would ahve been better if it was all red.

Kris

"A signature always reveals a man's character -- and sometimes even his name. "

pjc

Chairman
Reaction
Yep, all Red.

The rear suspension is deluxe. The front is fine but could be better. It already has an LRD pipe.

Planned mods are:

Desert Headight cage and lights.
PRM bumper and grab bar
PRM belly skid
Works Performance front shocks

The bike has very low hours. It sill has the original tires and brake pads.

PJCinLV

mxjeremy

Reaction
just a suggestion....
2 months ago, I was on a buddy's 86 trx250r sliding sideways in 4th on the drylake at El Mirage. This is all purposely mind you. Well, once the bike broke past 60 degrees or so, I knew I was DURST. When the bike flipped, I got launched 5 ft off the ground, flying like superman. I rolled, got up and made sure the bike wasn't gonna hit me. The bike ended up back on it's wheels with a bent headlight & rear fender. Then what we didn't notice at first, became apparent when we removed the bike's seat. The impact from the crash, translated straight thru the mega-strong aluminum bumpers, and bent the frame of the bike about 1/4" on one side. I would reconsider the mega-strong bumpers because the force of impacts like mine has to go somewhere, and if your frame is weaker than the bumpers, that's where it's gonna go. I am lucky that we know someone who's gonna pull the frame back straight for us for free. I would much rather have only wrenched a bumper.

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
My quad is a 1988 model and raced many races with it. I have 1986 cr250 intake and carb setup. PEP front and rear suspension on it. 1 inch longer A arms. Stock frame though. I love that bike. Looking possibly trying a aftermarket frame. I have another whole frame and a couple of spare motors and parts to make another quad. Get back to do some riding. U got urself a good bike Pat.....

Speed Safely

nobrakes

Reaction
doug roll design and development,it eill be the best quad you ever rode.he's in fallbrook,once you ride/race a quad w/drd&d parts on it you won't want anything else.his chassies have won many championships,score,gncc,mteg,district 38,bitd.

nobrakes

Reaction
oh yea,the alum. swingarm will break we broke two before switching to drd&d swingarm/skidplate/shock combo(this was a race quad)itshould hang if you don't race

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Hey nobrakes, do you have a contact for Doug Roll Designs? Send me a private message or postin here please. Thanks
Marc

Speed Safely