honking sounds

RC RACING

Reaction
anyone out there knows who makes or what do I need to buy to make those pretty cool honking sounds that the trophie trucks use?

ASHCRAFT

Sticky Balls
Reaction
I put a set of Hella twin tone horns on my f150 prerunner. Plenty loud if you are looking to replace the stock horn. Simple to hook up. I think they were about $80 at ORW. Hope this was what you were looking for.:)

RC RACING

Reaction
Thank You Bud But I'm Actually Looking For Those Distinctive Sounds
That When Your On The Sidelines The Trophies I Know Someone Out There
Got To Know.:)

Reaction
Hook up a mic , 2" from exhaust, run it thru a big amp and put it on a massive 124" chassis..Or go with cheap euro horn's from hella( they are loud) just annoying ??????

John Bitting

Administrator
Reaction
uh oh someone

Attachments

• worms.gif
    worms.gif
    88.7 KB · Views: 255

roach

Reaction
ramsey, i think that rule is supposed to be no sirens alowed in place of a horn. i think as long as you have a horn, you can run a siren for fun, but technically not for honking.

Reaction
roach said:
ramsey, i think that rule is supposed to be no sirens alowed in place of a horn. i think as long as you have a horn, you can run a siren for fun, but technically not for honking.
No, it means "No sirens allowed." It is one of the many rules that have been overlooked for years. There was a specific reason for the rule when it was first instated. Perhaps it doesn't matter anymore, but is still in the rule book.

shrek

Reaction
I think what he is talking about is the electronic "air horn"..............like what the cops use when they want you out of the way........

www.galls.com

It also comes with a siren, but the horn is much more effective.

Shrek

gwm

Reaction
Ramsey_ElWardani said:
No, it means "No sirens allowed." It is one of the many rules that have been overlooked for years. There was a specific reason for the rule when it was first instated. Perhaps it doesn't matter anymore, but is still in the rule book.

Hmmm? There are four good points there - I'm just not sure which one is more important.

knucklemeat

Reaction
had a truck in my shop today to get flames and the owner told me to hit the horn,when i did i nearly sh** myself...BIG train horn. i thought it was an amtrack but the guy said he got it off hornblasters.com. they have train horn kits with tanks and compressors from a few hundred to several hundred bucks.if you have ever been near a train horn on a truck(real popular with truckers) you never forget it . almost like getting electrocuted and shakes your bones it is so loud,makes people jump even when they are ready for it! if you don't mind a little extra weight and want something that will drown out the most obnoxious stereo check one out. truck stops/truck parts for big rigs carry one called the "trucker train horn". don't know if they are steet legal though. i have had truckers tell me of some pretty scary reactions out of people slamming on their brakes looking for a train crossing on the i-5! nerfing would be a thing of the past though,not even 800 hp could drown these things out.

.CAL.Photo.

Reaction
Those train horns are freakin awesome! I saw a guy use one one once. I was the funniest thing in the world to see. He even had little dinging sounds after. lol
My dad is planning on getting one. Ill have to check the video but I believe the Outlaw class One has one. I heard it at the Lucerne 250.

CORRY

TUBETECK

Reaction
whew-boy one to many that night.
The horns I was trying to describe are the ones that the police bikes have that soud like a super loud buzzer.

Chase 2

Reaction
BIG train horn. don't know if they are steet legal though.

As great as they are, they are NOT legal to use on the street. Trains still use their horns for signaling other trains, and there are very strick rules to their usage.