Honky Tonky!

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
Thinking about purchasing some air horns for my truck. I have had Pep Boys specials in the past and want to try another kind. Those seemed to get thrased off road and got quieter and quieter. I know that Hella makes air horns and electric horns. Any other companies make them that are quality?

Which type (air or electric) is the better buy? I am going for loudness, reliability, and abnoxiousness here!!! Thanks.

BRAAAAAAAAP!

Crayfish

Reaction
I have the Hella 2 tone in my daily driver and the three tone in my race truck and my wifes car. The three tone is friggin loud and has held up in the race truck for quite a while so far.
I think Four Wheel Parts has them for around 40 bucks.

Later

DougM

Reaction
I had 4 sets of the Hella airhorns in the last 4 cars I had. There expen$ive and they fail qucikly.They dont like water or dust in the horns. The best way to combat this is to aim them down at the ground when installing them and raid your wifes/girlfriends panyhose and wrap the end around each horn with a zip ty.
I got fed up with paying $40 a pop for the hella so I found a airhorn at Harbor freight, looks identical to the Hella, is made in the US by FIAMM (who makes alot of OEM horns) and they are only $18 and have a LIFETIME WARRANTY.
I'd rather pay$18 to replace then $40

(see attachment)

good luck!

Attachments

• 6-21221-horn.bmp
    20.1 KB · Views: 125

Kritter

Krittro Campbell
Reaction
I just use one horn. I had two hooked up and it sounded gay so I just have one now and the compressor blows through it like a champ. Scares the crap out of people. THe more horns the quiter it will be, it will just cover a broader ranger of frequencies. I kept the longest one in and I like it. I beat the crap out of it and have had no problems. As for electric, the Hellas are awesome.

Kris

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.dmsrace.com>www.dmsrace.com</A>

poolman

Reaction
We used to have a horn off a locomotive in our shop.My Dad used to love to blow it when guys came in and were half asleep on Friday afternoons.That thing was f**kin loud. He had it hooked to the shop air supply

Pigs get Fat...Hogs get Slaughtered