Horrible news

RUFF_RYDER

Reaction
Round 7 of the WORCS ATV Racing series headed to Glen Helen Raceway this weekend, and on Friday during Pro Practice, Doug Eichner & John Natalie collided head-on going over a tabletop jump.

Doug Eichner was heading out for practice, and some how he ended up going the wrong direction on the track over a tabletop where John Natalie nearly landing on top of Eichner as he came over the face of the jump. The collision was extremely violent, which Eichner receiving the worst of the impact.

As of this Friday evening, it was reported that Eichner has a lacerated liver, collapsed lung, multiple broken ribs, and a severely broken arm, and is in serious condition at the local hospital.

Fortunately, John Natalie, wasn’t as seriously injured, but he still has a few broken ribs and was released from the hospital tonight.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Doug Eichner, and we wish him a speedy recovery from this tragic accident, and as we get more details on his condition, we will release the details.

Dezertpilot

Reaction
Oh boy that is terrible!!! I wish a very speedy recovery to both gentleman, it could have been much worse!!!!

Vtr_Racing

Reaction
Lets pray for Doug and John. What a shame!!

RacerX1

Reaction
Wow, this is awful news. I had not heard anything about this over the weekend. Any idea what hospital Doug is in? I'm like 45 mins from GH. Heal up Doug & John... Prayers to both of you!

trentk

Reaction
John raced on sunday in the pro main. he was in the top 4 for the first half of the race then he faded back. I didn't hear any further updates on Doug, I hope he gets well quickly.

trentk

Reaction
small update here with info on where to send cards:

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/Racing:...Article/detail/629971?contextCategoryId=46267

"Doug was transported to Arrowhead Regional Medical Center in San Bernardino, Ca where he is recovering in ICU. At this time, I ask everyone to keep the Eichner family in their prayers as he is slowly recovering from this horrific accident.

Cards can be sent to:

Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
C/O Doug Eichner- room #2310
1543 W. 8th St.
San Bernardino, Ca 92411

Jason Reed- WORCS Racing "

jfracerzr

Reaction
this is really bad to hear
doug eichner is the nicest/coolest pro i have met and it sucks about what happened
get well soon!

Susyq619

Reaction
BLESSING to both families and peace- I too wish for a fast recovery for both.

trentk

Reaction
there is a one line update on the link I posted above. It says:

UPDATE 9/30/09: Doug has been released and is recovering at home.

So that is good news!

RacerX1

Reaction
I was finally able to get a hold of Doug today on the phone. He sounds fine and was out driving around running errands. He said he was going stir crazy at home. He's a tough little cookie! I'm glad I was able to talk with him. He is expecting to recover fully from his accident, thank God!