• Forum membership has its advantages....

hot rigz truck

gary

just a shot here of my latest off road collection finding. i know this was talked about awhile ago, but here's a picture of it. cool looking black semi with score stickers and a truck on the side...the little ones in front of it aren't part of the set, but they looked kinda cool and almost to scale with it, so why not...it was about $25, found at the die cast car booth at the local mall.....

Attachments

Jimmy8

You can usually find 2 or 3 of them for sale at a time on ebay. just punch in baja 1000

PMC Racing

gary

it was an old tamiya battery powered monster truck thing, that i cut up and used other model rims and tires, and made it look decent...

dave

TAMIYA'S WILD MINI 4WD SERIES CARS .

IVAN 'S TRUCK ITEM # 17009

NISSAN EXTRA CAB RACE TRUCK ITEM # 117007

93 NISSAN DAKAR CAR ITEM # 17011

ISUZU BAJA 1000 GEOLANDAR ITEM # 17015

YOU SHOULD STILL BE ABLE TO ORDER THEM AT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY STORE .
SORRY FOR THE PIC'S BEING SO SMALL.

Attachments

gary

i didn't know they were still available, dave. i might just hafta try and get another one and do it again, but better. the first try has a wooden block chassis, rims are center lines from a simon and simon tv show camaro model that i used to have, and it's got coil springs from 4 poor ballpoint pens, that actually work as suspension...pulls about 1/2 inch of travel at all 4 corners....most of the red/orange/yellow ivan stickers fell off with age...i did this about 7 years ago....
i was thinking about pirating the suspension and wheels from the little white trophy truck in the first picture...they're kinda modular-it's all connected, and comes off in one nice piece, front and rear.