• Forum membership has its advantages....

HOTEL ROOM RESELLERS AT NORRA, WHAT ABOUT IT ?

Rory

Crayola Killer
Exactly, Baja Voyager can do that pretty sure, that is exactly the main idea of this post, let's work together to solve a problem. Perhaps there is more money involved in these extra services than booking rooms.
I asked BV about the "secured parking" a few years ago and asked who is responsible if anything were to get stolen out of the back of my truck or even worse my race car? If I'm paying extra for secure parking then I hold BV accountable if anything gets stolen. I was never given a straight answer. I've seen the areas they use and I also have seen they have people watching but you can't watch the entire parking lot at all times. Basically, I'm guessing if you get something stolen from one of their secured lots you will most likely have to go through the same procedures you would if you WEREN'T in one of their secured lots. I could be wrong and if I am please let me know.

If you're saying you will cover ANY theft of vandalism to my property while it is under your watch i will DEFINITELY be interested in paying extra......if not it's a waste of money IMHO.

JenMorton

If you've had great service from Juan Carlos / Baja Voyager, it was 100% at the expense of fellow racers.

He's dishonest and sneaky lying to me about canceling our rooms, lying to the hotels, and lying to his customers.
Don't you loyal JC customers wonder how he magically has hotel rooms for you when towns are sold out for months?

Somehow he represents himself as part of the event or maybe NORRA staff and CANCELS our rooms then sells them to you.
He did this in El Rosario twice and Loreto twice leaving us scrambling 2 weeks before.

Yes, we book rooms for our racers.
But 10 bike entries take 5 rooms traveling with Baja Bound and only 2 rooms are needed for our crew, we make everyone share to save space.

Here's an idea, Juan Carlos please book only 1 entire hotel for your customers in each town.

More importantly, allow the NORRA staff, safety crew, scoring team, pilots, to have first choice so they can all stay together and be near the start/finish.

Like the Marina Hotel in La Paz where you booked the entire hotel causing them to scramble for rooms and spread out all over town.
That was extremely bad taste blocking the event organizers from the closest hotel that you know they need and have been staying at every year.

Now your customers that had a quick commute to the start in La Paz know what a slime ball you are causing grief to the event that brings you business and needed to be there early in the morning to start the race.

Go ahead and perform your services, I know they're needed and teams appreciate it.
Please stop screwing over other racers and the NORRA staff in the process.

CHINOLAS

If you've had great service from Juan Carlos / Baja Voyager, it was 100% at the expense of fellow racers.

He's dishonest and sneaky lying to me about canceling our rooms, lying to the hotels, and lying to his customers.
Don't you loyal JC customers wonder how he magically has hotel rooms for you when towns are sold out for months?

Somehow he represents himself as part of the event or maybe NORRA staff and CANCELS our rooms then sells them to you.
He did this in El Rosario twice and Loreto twice leaving us scrambling 2 weeks before.

Yes, we book rooms for our racers.
But 10 bike entries take 5 rooms traveling with Baja Bound and only 2 rooms are needed for our crew, we make everyone share to save space.

Here's an idea, Juan Carlos please book only 1 entire hotel for your customers in each town.

More importantly, allow the NORRA staff, safety crew, scoring team, pilots, to have first choice so they can all stay together and be near the start/finish.

Like the Marina Hotel in La Paz where you booked the entire hotel causing them to scramble for rooms and spread out all over town.
That was extremely bad taste blocking the event organizers from the closest hotel that you know they need and have been staying at every year.

Now your customers that had a quick commute to the start in La Paz know what a slime ball you are causing grief to the event that brings you business and needed to be there early in the morning to start the race.

Go ahead and perform your services, I know they're needed and teams appreciate it.
Please stop screwing over other racers and the NORRA staff in the process.
Jen, thanks very much for supporting Norra and understanding how survival of this event depends on hotel rooms, any ideas or suggestions on how to prevent this from happening in 2021 ?

JenMorton

Hi Eliseo- The problem is the hotels like JC and maybe they think he still works with you?

As soon as you call a hotel or leave the front desk he immediately knows your race schedule and jumps into action blocking off rooms. I remember a few years ago the Oasis told us that he had booked multiple weeks just in case you picked one of them.

It must be exhausting trying to be stealth just to place your staff?

Last year I emailed JC with the names of our hotels and how many rooms we reserved asking him not to cancel me again. This way I had a date and time stamp along with his reply as some kind of proof. It worked so maybe try the same thing?

I don’t have a suggestion of how to get him to use only one hotel for his guests other than maybe post a hotel list like SCORE & BITD so it’s easy for racers to make their own reservations and fewer teams will use him?

Or allow only a few rooms per team? I know one entry that had 26 people in their entourage.

But that takes extra staff time and energy resulting
in higher cost, sorry I don’t have a good solution.

aburruss

any ideas or suggestions on how to prevent this from happening in 2021 ?
Can you secure all rooms and logistical details PRIOR to releasing the dates of the race? Maybe it means you guys need to change things up and move the event forward or backward a week or two so that it doesn't follow similar dates to previous years.

CHINOLAS

Can you secure all rooms and logistical details PRIOR to releasing the dates of the race? Maybe it means you guys need to change things up and move the event forward or backward a week or two so that it doesn't follow similar dates to previous years.
Aaron the problem is that as soon as we call one hotel to book rooms prior to announcing the dates the word starts spreading, before changing the dates for October we called the hotels around without telling them who we where and asked for availability, it was open basically in all destinations, then we called our Headquarters hotels and then told them we needed to change our reservations, that was the very same day we announced the dates on the evening, I believe that San Felipe Beach that used to be El Cortez before is that one that spread the word to their neighbors and maybe that is how the resellers found about our date before we announced it, the staff at that hotel used to work also for the Stella Del Mar and also Georges El Cortez.

What I am trying to tell you here is that unless we have a crew in Loreto and San Felipe at the same time in all hotels we can really book all for racers before announcing the dates, also we have tried the moving the race date for a week strategy but hotels that work with resellers have the instruction from them that as soon as someone from Norra tries to books for a certain date they should tell us is already booked for them even without a date.

A bit difficult my friend, I believe that NORRA should worry about putting on a great event like we do and not become a travel agent or hotel reseller, racers should be in charge of this independently, the only way to make this happen is to really try to convince RESELLERS to stop booking an entire town, book for their customers but not force the rest of the teams to book with them, how can we accomplish that is the big question here.

CHINOLAS

Hello all, a lot of you might know me but for the ones that don´t let me introduce, I am Miguel Rico the insurance guy I am the one you see at hospital if you need medical assistance; ANA Seguros Mexico and Instant Mexico Auto Insurance are the companies that sell the Insurance coverage to race teams, we have been working for more than 10 years, during that time Mike and Eliseo have invested a lot of time and money in making this a safer event in every edition learning a lot from mistakes sometimes but now they have a safety class to help reduce risk, better tracking equipment, sweep and recovery crews, medical staff and rescue in strategic locations, rescue helicopter with paramedic on board and also getting the insurance coverage higher for the benefit of race teams, the Insurance cost included on the entry fee you pay at registration has not gone up in a few years and they always hate raising entry fees, what JC Baja Voyager is mentioning is totally false and damaging to us all, we sincerely hope this situation stops in future events, JC Baja Voyager you should contact Norra and sort this out and find a solution in favor of all the teams not only your customers, last year we were also victims of this in La Paz where all the staff couldn’t stay at the Headquarters and had to drive to the start in front of the Marina Hotel because you booked all the hotel for you, that´s no good for the race.
Miguel thanks for making that clear to all and really appreciate your support on this situation.

Dusty Times

The guy is nothing but a ticket scalper. He takes an event with known limited resources, scoops them all up, and then sells them for a profit without providing ANY redeeming value to the customer. He sucks. All this guy is doing is making the race more expensive for every single racer. F him and the horse he rode in on.

What Zambo said...
BV has few redeeming qualities in it's current form but could easily use his knowledge to provide things we can't get easily off expedia (ie. secure parking lots, vehicle shipping, local race mechanics, catering for AirBnbs, bail money etc....). Nearly everyone who has been to NORRA more than once could tell a story of someone who showed up to a hotel only to find Juan Carlos had overbooked or just given the rooms they paid for to someone else. I know a couple guys who are still owed a refund from him...(close to $1k going on a year now). Are you listening Juan? We don't need help booking rooms! Stop monopolizing all the hotels! Find services for racers we can't do ourselves or just go away. Many of us have been doing NORRA without you for years and I can tell you for certain I would sleep on a sidewalk before I spent a single dollar or peso with Baja Voyager.

JulioBaeza28

This is a personal statement;

Hello everyone, for the last few years I've had the opportunity to work with Juan Carlos and I've been part of Baja Voyager and the crew. Some of you know me from the races and the teams I've worked with.

I've been involved in Off Road Racing for a long time having the opportunity to see the greatest this sports has showed us, as also the ugliest, but always carrying the best memories of it.

About the situation and conflict between NORRA and Baja Voyager;

For the last 7 years Baja Voyager has provided different services to the Mexican 1000 participants such as accommodations, shuttle services, transportation, parking spots and many others. We're solutions providers, and we are there when racers need a hand.

I can't remember how many people we've given a solution, there's been a lot, like the time we put the biggest chase truck I've ever seen on top of a flatbed and took it from Cabo to Ensenada, or the time we bailed out a few guys from jail in Cabo because DUI and making donuts on an empty dirt lote. Once I gave my bed in BOLA to somebody that was sleeping outside my hotel room, he was not a Baja Voyager customer, but he was a racer that 5 hours later had to drive from BOLA to Loreto.

We have loyal NORRA customers from years, before the date changed we had 55 customers for the 2020 edition. Some of them requested only 2 rooms and some of them requested 10 rooms.

Loreto seems harder every year; for this edition Baja Voyager is working with less hotel than previous years. Mr. Bill Hernquist mentioned a situation from the Oasis Hotel, we're not working with that hotel as they had to cancel our reservation (we only had 5 rooms) when the date was changed. As of today we're working with only 8 hotels/motels in Loreto where we need to accommodate more than 50 teams.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people that don't believe on the services we offer, and we accept that. But we're thankful we have given a hand to many racers out there.

About BOLA, Baja Voyager rent houses for the racers that request it. If you're one of our customers you know there's a waiting list from our side on BOLA. We need to understand that BOLA is a town with very limited resources and their incomes relay on fishing, adventure travelers and races. As 2010 they had a population of 800. We knock the doors of the people in town that may rent us their houses, they try to get the most benefit of it by asking us for ridiculous amounts of money to let us stay in their houses, we understand it, they need the money and we do everything they can to support them. If you've been a past Baja Voyager customer you will remember there's houses with no hot water or no power, every year we try our best to help the people make those houses a little bit better, bringing new light bulbs, water boilers, paint, door knobs and more.

We've had a good relationship with Ruth from Raquel and Larry for the past years, as of today Baja Voyager only has 3 rooms reserved with Ruth and we haven't offer any extra money to hold our rooms. We believe is only Ruth who has the right to decide who she will rent her place to, she owns it and she's the one with the last word. Raquel and Larry is the only hotel we work with in BOLA, we rent houses.

BOLA is probably the most difficult place to deal with, but I believe they need this kind of events, they probably wait for this race all year long. We still need to understand that we're trying to develop an event that brings 1,400 people in a town that only has infrastructure to hold 1,000.

Let's don't forget, there's teams with limited resources that only need 2 rooms for their crew, but there's also big teams that brings more than one race vehicle and need up to 10 rooms.

Some of the solutions and services Baja Voyager provides are; accommodations, shuttle services, vehicles transportation back from Cabo, parking space with security, bilingual concierge, legal assistance, towing services, mechanics on duty, chase trucks, recovery and extraction, storage (in Ensenada), catering, camping supplies (specially in BOLA), UTV rental, security and more.
_

I think NORRA puts a bigger effort every year to develop a great event and bring back home safe and sound hundreds of racers, chasers, crew members and spectators. I believe that the finish line is not when you get the checkered flag but when you get back home from the race with your loved ones.

Baja Voyager will still provide services to those who request it. The Mexican 1000 has given us the opportunity to create new friendships every year and develop loyal relationships with the racers.

Let's don't forget we're all involved in this race for many reasons, some try to proof something, some others just try to have fun, but at the end we're all here for one common reason; to enjoy Baja!

Thank you everyone for your time reading this. If anybody has any questions feel free to DM.

We need to keep together through these very hard times, Baja is waiting for us.

Best,

Julio Baeza
Baja Voyager

Dusty Times

Hello everyone, for the last few years I've had the opportunity to work with Juan Carlos and I've been part of Baja Voyager and the crew. Some of you know me from the races and the teams I've worked with.

I've been involved in Off Road Racing for a long time having the opportunity to see the greatest this sports has showed us, as also the ugliest, but always carrying the best memories of it.

For the last 7 years Baja Voyager has provided different services to the Mexican 1000 participants such as accommodations, shuttle services, transportation, parking spots and many others. We're solutions providers, and we are there when racers need a hand.

I can't remember how many people we've given a solution, there's been a lot, like the time we put the biggest chase truck I've ever seen on top of a flatbed and took it from Cabo to Ensenada, or the time we bailed out a few guys from jail in Cabo because DUI and making donuts on an empty dirt lote. Once I gave my bed in BOLA to somebody that was sleeping outside my hotel room, he was not a Baja Voyager customer, but he was a racer that 5 hours later had to drive from BOLA to Loreto.

We have loyal NORRA customers from years, before the date changed we had 55 customers for the 2020 edition. Some of them requested only 2 rooms and some of them requested 10 rooms.

Loreto seems harder every year; for this edition Baja Voyager is working with less hotel than previous years. Mr. Bill Hernquist mentioned a situation from the Oasis Hotel, we're not working with that hotel as they had to cancel our reservation (we only had 5 rooms) when the date was changed. As of today we're working with only 8 hotels/motels in Loreto where we need to accommodate more than 50 teams.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people that don't believe on the services we offer, and we accept that. But we're thankful we have given a hand to many racers out there.

About BOLA, Baja Voyager rent houses for the racers that request it. If you're one of our customers you know there's a waiting list from our side on BOLA. We need to understand that BOLA is a town with very limited resources and their incomes relay on fishing, adventure travelers and races. As 2010 they had a population of 800. We knock the doors of the people in town that may rent us their houses, they try to get the most benefit of it by asking us for ridiculous amounts of money to let us stay in their houses, we understand it, they need the money and we do everything they can to support them. If you've been a past Baja Voyager customer you will remember there's houses with no hot water or no power, every year we try our best to help the people make those houses a little bit better, bringing new light bulbs, water boilers, paint, door knobs and more.

We've had a good relationship with Ruth from Raquel and Larry for the past years, as of today Baja Voyager only has 3 rooms reserved with Ruth and we haven't offer any extra money to hold our rooms. We believe is only Ruth who has the right to decide who she will rent her place to, she owns it and she's the one with the last word. Raquel and Larry is the only hotel we work with in BOLA, we rent houses.

BOLA is probably the most difficult place to deal with, but I believe they need this kind of events, they probably wait for this race all year long. We still need to understand that we're trying to develop an event that brings 1,400 people in a town that only has infrastructure to hold 1,000.

Let's don't forget, there's teams with limited resources that only need 2 rooms for their crew, but there's also big teams that brings more than one race vehicle and need up to 10 rooms.

Some of the solutions and services Baja Voyager provides are; accommodations, shuttle services, vehicles transportation back from Cabo, parking space with security, bilingual concierge, legal assistance, towing services, mechanics on duty, chase trucks, recovery and extraction, storage (in Ensenada), catering, camping supplies (specially in BOLA), UTV rental, security and more.
_

I think NORRA puts a bigger effort every year to develop a great event and bring back home safe and sound hundreds of racers, chasers, crew members and spectators. I believe that the finish line is not when you get the checkered flag but when you get back home from the race with your loved ones.

Baja Voyager will still provide services to those who request it. The Mexican 1000 has given us the opportunity to create new friendships every year and develop loyal relationships with the racers.

Let's don't forget we're all involved in this race for many reasons, some try to proof something, some others just try to have fun, but at the end we're all here for one common reason; to enjoy Baja!

Thank you everyone for your time reading this. If anybody has any questions feel free to DM.

Best,

Julio Baeza
Baja Voyager
Juliio,

A few simple questions for you:

1. Do you think it is OK that in order to book a room for NORRA we have to use Baja Voyager?
2. What justification does BV have for charging more money for rooms? What do you get for the extra $$ ?
3. Why do you require someone to book a minimum of 3 nights with you?
4. How does BV explain the many times racers have been without rooms that were paid for to him?

All of the "services" described above sound just lovely but most of us are self-sufficient, we don't need you to tell us how to do things we just want a fair chance to book a hotel without having to go through an unnecessary middleman. Why would I want to go through all the dumb emails back and forth with JC to book a room when I should be able to do it with a couple clicks on a secure website? For less money! You guys are f%&king parasites!

-Sincerely Caballo Del Diablo

JulioBaeza28

Juliio,

A few simple questions for you:

1. Do you think it is OK that in order to book a room for NORRA we have to use Baja Voyager?
2. What justification does BV have for charging more money for rooms? What do you get for the extra $$ ?
3. Why do you require someone to book a minimum of 3 nights with you?
4. How does BV explain the many times racers have been without rooms that were paid for to him?

All of the "services" described above sound just lovely but most of us are self-sufficient, we don't need you to tell us how to do things we just want a fair chance to book a hotel without having to go through an unnecessary middleman. Why would I want to go through all the dumb emails back and forth with JC to book a room when I should be able to do it with a couple clicks on a secure website? For less money! You guys are f%&king parasites!

-Sincerely Caballo Del Diablo
Hello there,

Regarding your questions;
No body is forced to use our services or book through us. The benefits when you book through us are quite a few; secured reservations, which means we will give you a place to sleep, even if it's my own bed. One payment, instead of booking online or calling every single hotel you will need and give them your credit card information you just make one single payment through us. The shuttle services in town are free to our customers, we take you from the finish line to your hotel or anyplace you might wanna go in town. Parking is free for our customers with 24/7 security (note: we have to rent and pay a fee where we set the parking lots). Our assistance is 24/7, which means I'll pick up my phone anytime you call.

I understand you are self sufficient, but as Eliseo mentioned before there are almost 200 entries for the Mexican 1000, some of them are Baja first timers and some of them are veterans, but there's a lot of racers that actually need the services and help, as there's a lot of them that don't want to deal with anything else but race and they want somebody else to take care of whatever they need.

If we are ducking parasites I'm sorry, but I don't recall insulting you.

BajaTriumph

This thread is getting very crappy. As a limited, small team with 6-10 crew each year, we have comp’d many ways to participate in the best event in Baja. We are friends of Mike, Eliseo, Pepe & Casey, also JC as well. We are not a Cam, Morton, McM or Diablo super group! Without NORRA, we have no Fun event to run our vintage racers and we want to see a resolution to the turmoil!! JC/BV has a biz in Baja that assists vast types of groups year round, they have done many good things for many people! JC/BV rescued an important historic Tow’d that was hit and wrecked in Vizcaino on a Bruce Meyers run during Thanksgiving, they retrieved it in a days notice, bailed it out and got it safely back. It would have been a goner if left to long. Elisio and JC, please sort this out ASAP!

Last edited:

CHINOLAS

_

Best,

Julio Baeza
Baja Voyager
Julio

Great Post, shame JC ducked out and sent you to talk for him, looks like he likes doing that often, I remember very clearly what you and I spoke last year when he ducked out of the event and sent you alone with the crew to work for him, you ended up exhausted and asking us if you could join us instead of working for JC next year, I can´t say I feel sorry for you because looks like you are still working for JC.

Is there any way that you guys can stop booking more rooms than the ones you need for your customers in San Felipe and Loreto ?

If not, is there any way that you guys can sell only one room in San Felipe or Loreto to certain teams instead of forcing them to buy a 3 night minimum ?

Is there any way you can STAY AWAY from Hotel Rooms in BOLA and respect NORRA ?

Is there any way you guys can STAY AWAY of NORRA Headquarters Hotels and let our staff stay there like what you did in La Paz last year ?

I believe like you said that together we can work this out but in order to do that you guys need to stop forcing people to work with you by monopolizing rooms in certain towns.

Thanks again and hope you can answer my questions.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Rally Director

JulioBaeza28

Julio

Great Post, shame JC ducked out and sent you to talk for him, looks like he likes doing that often, I remember very clearly what you and I spoke last year when he ducked out of the event and sent you alone with the crew to work for him, you ended up exhausted and asking us if you could join us instead of working for JC next year, I can´t say I feel sorry for you because looks like you are still working for JC.

Is there any way that you guys can stop booking more rooms than the ones you need for your customers in San Felipe and Loreto ?

If not, is there any way that you guys can sell only one room in San Felipe or Loreto to certain teams instead of forcing them to buy a 3 night minimum ?

Is there any way you can STAY AWAY from Hotel Rooms in BOLA and respect NORRA ?

Is there any way you guys can STAY AWAY of NORRA Headquarters Hotels and let our staff stay there like what you did in La Paz last year ?

I believe like you said that together we can work this out but in order to do that you guys need to stop forcing people to work with you by monopolizing rooms in certain towns.

Thanks again and hope you can answer my questions.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Rally Director
Hola Eliseo,

I'm sorry but JC and you have to clear this out, there's a lot of points you guys need to put in the table and discuss it in person, as Lyman said this thread is getting crappy. Please understand I work for BajaVoyager and JC but I don't make the decisions in the company. And as I recall you told me you needed somebody like me in the NORRA team, I called you a week after the Mexican 1000 last year and you said you would call me for this years edition but you didn't. I work with JC because he's been loyal to me and a good friend. As I told you and Pepe in the past, I support NORRA and the effort you guys make, this is a very good race that gets better every year, but you and JC have some problems to solve together so neither NORRA nor Baja Voyager gets affected in the future of this event. No hard feelings from my side with you and your staff, I respect you all the same.

Regarding your question;

As I mentioned before we're only working with 8 Hotels/Motels in Loreto. We're also working with only 6 hotels in San Felipe, none of them are the HQ for NORRA from my understanding.

Also as I mentioned before Raquel and Larry is the only hotel we work with in BOLA, we rent houses.

I don't know which hotel is the HQ for NORRA in La Paz for this year, but we're not working with the Marina hotel this year, we only had less than 25 rooms and they had to cancel on us when the date was changed.

Thank you in advance Eliseo and sorry if I'm personally causing any problems.

Best,

Julio

CHINOLAS

Hola Eliseo,

I'm sorry but JC and you have to clear this out, there's a lot of points you guys need to put in the table and discuss it in person, as Lyman said this thread is getting crappy. Please understand I work for BajaVoyager and JC but I don't make the decisions in the company. And as I recall you told me you needed somebody like me in the NORRA team, I called you a week after the Mexican 1000 last year and you said you would call me for this years edition but you didn't. I work with JC because he's been loyal to me and a good friend. As I told you and Pepe in the past, I support NORRA and the effort you guys make, this is a very good race that gets better every year, but you and JC have some problems to solve together so neither NORRA nor Baja Voyager gets affected in the future of this event. No hard feelings from my side with you and your staff, I respect you all the same.

Regarding your question;

As I mentioned before we're only working with 8 Hotels/Motels in Loreto. We're also working with only 6 hotels in San Felipe, none of them are the HQ for NORRA from my understanding.

Also as I mentioned before Raquel and Larry is the only hotel we work with in BOLA, we rent houses.

I don't know which hotel is the HQ for NORRA in La Paz for this year, but we're not working with the Marina hotel this year, we only had less than 25 rooms and they had to cancel on us when the date was changed.

Thank you in advance Eliseo and sorry if I'm personally causing any problems.

Best,

Julio
Again Julio great post, this is the best way to help each other, have JC contact me anytime to find a solution to this problem.

The sooner the better.

Regards
Eliseo Garcia
Rally Director
+52 (646) 137 1283

JenMorton

Julio, You listed some nice favors but remember in Baja, it’s common to help everyone and each one of us have stories like yours.

You didn’t address how you deceive hotels like Baja Cactus, the Dorado and Marina telling them existing reservations will remain when you book the entire hotel.

And you left out how our name written in a reservations book is confirmed in person 2-3 times then when we go in person to pay, it’s covered in white out and Baja Voyager customer names now listed. Do you travel with the white out for them to use?

And please address exactly why you’re causing problems for the NORRA staff booking hotels they need?

Shouldn’t the scoring, safety crew, and pilots get first dibs working the event?

You do so many nice things according to you, don’t you want the tired staff all staying together and well rested? Why are you making their job harder?

Baja 500 related...then I’ll quit 😃

Pre running on a weekday, Tim sends a What’s App to a hotel in Valle Trinidad letting them know he would like a few rooms.

The reply is they’re full but driving by there’s no cars parked outside the rooms. They tell us Baja Voyager & Baja Nikki have the hotel booked all week and through the race so contact them.

Good onya for grabbing those up too but not cool charging $90 for a $30 room. No, we didn’t stay there and disappointed you would take advantage of SCORE racers like that and claim it’s a “service”.

Go ahead and provide your service, but please be as nice as you claim and stop doing such a disservice.

JulioBaeza28

Julio, You listed some nice favors but remember in Baja, it’s common to help everyone and each one of us have stories like yours.

You didn’t address how you deceive hotels like Baja Cactus, the Dorado and Marina telling them existing reservations will remain when you book the entire hotel.

And you left out how our name written in a reservations book is confirmed in person 2-3 times then when we go in person to pay, it’s covered in white out and Baja Voyager customer names now listed. Do you travel with the white out for them to use?

And please address exactly why you’re causing problems for the NORRA staff booking hotels they need?

Shouldn’t the scoring, safety crew, and pilots get first dibs working the event?

You do so many nice things according to you, don’t you want the tired staff all staying together and well rested? Why are you making their job harder?

Baja 500 related...then I’ll quit 😃

Pre running on a weekday, Tim sends a What’s App to a hotel in Valle Trinidad letting them know he would like a few rooms.

The reply is they’re full but driving by there’s no cars parked outside the rooms. They tell us Baja Voyager & Baja Nikki have the hotel booked all week and through the race so contact them.

Good onya for grabbing those up too but not cool charging $90 for a $30 room. No, we didn’t stay there and disappointed you would take advantage of SCORE racers like that and claim it’s a “service”.

Go ahead and provide your service, but please be as nice as you claim and stop doing such a disservice.
Hello Jennifer, I'm sorry we haven't met in person. I remember meeting Tim at our shop in Ensenada back in December when you guys delivered the Honda's, thank you for that.

Regarding the information you shared, I started working with Baja Voyager when you guys had those issues with JC, I wasn't involve in any of those things you mentioned.

When Baja Voyager and NORRA used to work together a few years ago we blocked the Dorado Motel (and Plaza Loreto) for the NORRA staff. I don't know if those were probably the rooms you mentioned but we designated them for the NORRA crew.

I do not personally make any reservations. First of all we call the hotels and ask for availability, we secured the rooms with a deposit and we keep in touch with the hotels to inform how our group is coming.

About what you mention from Valle de la Trinidad, we only work with one hotel there. If you saw the place was empty is probably because our customers didn't show up until later. We ask every hotel to respect the rooms from the customers, if there's a no show fee will cover it but when the rooms are paid in full (we paid in full before the arrival dates) the hotels need to respect the rooms and wait for the customers to show. Let's don't forget that sometimes during the races you don't know when you're going to get to your destination.

We work closely with SCORE and we provide solutions for their staff, guests and VIPs. We've been working with SCORE longer than NORRA and we have created a good relationship with Elise and their crew.

Thank you for the information you shared, and I'm sorry for the inconveniences.

Best,

Julio

JenMorton

This thread is getting very crappy. As a limited, small team with 6-10 crew each year, we have comp’d many ways to participate in the best event in Baja. We are friends of Mike, Eliseo, Pepe & Casey, also JC as well. We are not a Cam, Morton, McM or Diablo super group! Without NORRA, we have no Fun event to run our vintage racers and we want to see a resolution to the turmoil!! JC/BV has a biz in Baja that assists vast types of groups year round, they have done many good things for many people! JC/BV rescued an important historic Tow’d that was hit and wrecked in Vizcaino on a Bruce Meyers run during Thanksgiving, they retrieved it in a days notice, bailed it out and got it safely back. It would have been a goner if left to long. Elisio and JC, please sort this out ASAP!
You’re right, it’s all crappy!
And we need to work together much better.

I’m glad Towd was rescued, it’s a cool car.

Obviously I don’t like having to work around JC when working with him would be so much better.

It’s absolutely possible we can work together in the future.

Best of luck to your team

Bro_Gill

I am trying to figure out why the guy with no juice and no power to fix any of this is responding for the company he works for? Smoke screen?