House shopping and have questions

usmcgunrock

Reaction
Ok so me and the wife are interested in buying a house and this is our first time. So I have no idea what to do. Are there any realtors on here? What do I look for when looking for a realtor? Or does any one have any recommendations? I am currently renting a house in Vista and we are looking in the north county area for a house. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction
Don't be in any hurry, prices continue to decline. Figure out your financing first. Steer clear of condos and watch out for restrictive HOA's. Good Luck!

usmcgunrock

Reaction
Don't be in any hurry, prices continue to decline. Figure out your financing first. Steer clear of condos and watch out for restrictive HOA's. Good Luck!
Yea I lived in a condo with my mom and hated it. I am looking for a house with a big drive way. I have a camper and flat bed trailer that have to be parked somewhere :)

talk to dan, he is a racer, a realtor and a real good guy.

DanMKaatz@aol.com
What area does he work?

PBR

Reaction
What area does he work?
i think he mostly does orange county but i am sure if you contact him he will help you out. you can also look him up here on rdc, his name is "IvanDan".

IvanDan

Reaction
talk to dan, he is a racer, a realtor and a real good guy.

DanMKaatz@aol.com
Thanks for looking out Ollie. Unfortunately SD county is out of my area of expertise. I cover Orange, Riverside, Western San Bernardino, and East Los Angeles counties.

If I can help with advice or questions please don't hesitate to ask though.

Some good useful information on my websites feel free to check out www.SoCalForeclosureHomes.com or www.DanKaatz.com

I know I know shameless spam plug but it applies to the thread. :D

nismogizmo

Reaction
Always remember that realtors are there to work for you. The same with mortgage brokers. Don't be afraid of short sales, they take a little extra time and effort, but you could end up with a real diamond in the rough with one. Don't settle, especially now, there's enough out there to find what you want, for what you want to pay. Most of all, be patient.

LIL ROG

Reaction
you want to buy a house soon while they still have the 8 k tax credit. Also very first thing you need to do is go to a lender and get pre approved before you can really start doing anything.

200MPHTape

Reaction
My wife is an Escrow Officer for Century 21 Awards, she has been so busy because anyone with money are snatching up homes. Right now is the best time to be getting into buying a new home, prices are still dropping. Call 1-858-444-2400 and ask for Trish in escrow, tell her that her husband Curtis said you could hook her up with a good Realtor. Tell her were you are looking to buy and she will set you up!

Tipracer

Reaction
you want to buy a house soon while they still have the 8 k tax credit. Also very first thing you need to do is go to a lender and get pre approved before you can really start doing anything.
I bet they are going to extend that to include next year as well

rmirandayopo

Reaction
My wife and I just bought our first home back in December…

We visited homes (like 5-6) per week… revisited just a couple over the weekend… we did that for almost a year… prices keep going down, always new and more interesting stuff to watch…

Do a lot of research yourself via Internet… then you choose which homes to visit...

To be pre-approved is a must… work that with your realtor…

We did a list, stuff that I want and the ones the wife wants…
We bring that list with us to every place that we visit and we scored the houses…
Keep all those notes, some houses will show up again, different prices, so the list with your notes becomes handy…

A long drive way was something that I want, but it was connected with 3 bethrooms or more houses and it was not as easy to find under the price range that we have… so I swallowed that and I’m “happy” with a two car garage, no drive way...

Random Thoughts Racing

Reaction
From my experience, trust the wifes instinct if she says it's "moldy" even if you cant see mold. Also buy something below your max and save some for making it a home instead of a house. Maybe consider using an independant inspector instead of an inspector referred by an agent.