how about some triva again

rdc

- users no longer part of the rdc family -
Reaction
so what year was the first riverside race and 1 hint it wasn't mickey thompson with score

Gabe Lara

Reaction
Will we be graded on this one, Lucas?
'72 maybe?

BTW, Remember the motorcycle grand prixs they used to run out there as well?

MX guys (Bob Hannah and the likes) running against Roadies (Kenny Roberts, Freddie Spencer) on the combined road / MX courses?

Ahhhhhh.....Good 'ol Riverside!

-Gabe

Waldo

Safehouse
Reaction
The Riverside Grand Prix was my very first off-road dirt bike race. 1988 was the last one they had there before they tore it down for that stupid mall. To this day, that race and the Barstow to Vegas race in 89 (also the last one) are my favorite. You can still see the old sign on the side of the 60 fwy. They used to run the course through that sign. Everytime I pass, it brings back great memories. Those were great times!!! Anyone else have memories of that race or raceway?

BRAAAAAAAAP!

rdc

Reaction
well i was thinking buggies and trucks but that was in 1973 riverside round up i have video footage of it i always liked riverside i got to ride in the 57 chevy at the very last riverside we passed jordan bros. elcamino right at the end cause they hit a barricade i need to share some of my old videos i swear i showed a few at the off road expo last year i have a ton of triva questions so ill get some more for ya

partybarge_pilot

Reaction
Ah riverside, The guys from yoshimura clocking Me down the back striat say " Oh you very fast, lots hospower, how come you no win?" I almost cried when they plowed it under. I never saw any off-road races there. Back then I was still trying to kill Myself on street bikes.....

L&SMotorsports

Reaction
As to the question, are you referring to the races put on by Ed Pearlman held in the Santa Ana riverbed? Weren't they called the Riverside GP's? It was the start to what became NORRA.

jimpat

Reaction
who was the last finisher to get the checkered flag at the 1988 riverside heavy metal challenge? Which would make him the last car to get the checkered flag at the R I S for ever.?
Hint: finished 17th out of 70 cars and trucks that started, just behind Swachofer, Jordan actually never past the finish line as he flipped to the side....
HDRA : who are you?
I built the motor and trans for Larrys car for that race and do not remember the codriver unless it was Joe Patelli.

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

TROPHYSEDAN

Reaction
I know i got the last lap in a water truck and my 3 wheeler .We were playing on it before we tore it down .We built the track .Its still on the back of my trailer good by RIVERSIDE 88 .Rory i will buy one of them shirt to .

rdc

Reaction
well the guys and myself didnt go to riverside in any of those years we went to crandon in 87&88 but did not run riverside i was lucky enough to get to ride in the 57 chevy in the heavy metal challange but i am sure you remember the car though. the old circus circus car it is still around and alive sitting at butch deans shop

jimpat

Reaction
hi..which car was that......do you have a photo?
jim

when everything is under control, you are going to slow!!!!!

martininsocal

Reaction
the circus circus car, now there are some old memories...parties at Tom Messners house before the barstow races and norm not drinking so he wouldn't wet his driving suit!

If your gonna go, go BIG

rdc

Reaction
OK NEXT? WHO WAS THE FIRST COMBINED SCORE HDRA OVERALL POINTS CHAMPION IN 1985

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Jack Ramsey, class 1/2 1600?

Racers Only

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Lucas-

My money is on Rob Tolleson, 1/2-1600 for Overall Points Champ.

Final Answer!

"Get Creative!"

Tony B.

Will_Higman

Dakar Finisher
Reaction
I can help with this one! I finished 2nd place to Jack Ramsey in the class 1/2-1600 class championship. The year was "1986". Tolleson is a good guess for 1985 but I do not remember.
<marquee>
<font size=5><font color=green>Pedos</font> <font color=white>Viejos</font> <font color=red>Race Team.....</font></font></marquee>
Will Higman
PRO-10#15

rdc

Reaction
TONY WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ROB TOLLESEN I NEVER SEE HIM ANY MORE BUT YOU ARE CORRECT TONY NEXT ? WHO WAS THE ONLY OTHER WALKER TO WIN A CLASS 8 RACE???

RacnCPA

Reaction
I don't know why I can't remember the first name, but Walker was the last name.

Sc