How about the Scoop?

Junior

Reaction
I am a huge fan of RDC. Have you guys at RDC thought about providing official prerace or analytical type race coverage? I know you guys provide a venue for press releases but I am talking about actual reporting. For example, a regular column written by RDC providing insight into upcoming races, points chases that type of thing. Teams to watch, driver profiles, inside info on team strategies etc, written by RDC staff. Would other Dezert People be interested in that?

Junior
EJR Racing #244

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Junior/RDC Staff-

I would be FULLY into any "in depth" insight provided by RDC Staff/Readers!

As the Boyz have stated; RDC is "FOR the PEOPLE, BY the PEOPLE!"

I'm sure its just a matter of having the time to dedicate to these ideas. I know the Boyz are busy with "real" jobs, family, etc. I congratulate them on the success RDC has experienced, and I thank them for all of the time and dedication running/maintaining this site requires.

As for Junior's idea and any other future projects, It would be my pleasure to help in any way possible.

See You all in the desert!

Tony

Dave_G

Reaction
RE:I would be FULLY into any "in depth" insight provided by RDC Staff/Readers!

Tony,
I sure wish I could talk about some of the stuff going on behind the scenes for the 1000 but I can't.... seems like all the TT teams have waited till the last minute to make major changes and and the stomach acid is flowing heavily around here right now. Wally and I are putting in 16 hrs a day trying to make s**t happen. In my opinion the TT win at the 1000 will be interesting to say the least. Stay tuned!!

p.s. is Dave Westhem still racing and if so, who's preping the truck?

Jimmy8

Reaction
Westhem is still racing. He races every BITD event in his class 8. He doesnt run score anymore, because when he finally won the points championship for class 8 Sal gave him a whopping $400 check. he now runs BITD because the paybacks are a lot better, at least for class 8, because they get at least 10 entries a race.

Tony_Barraza

Reaction
Hey Big Dave-

C'mon, its just our small group of Dez Heads in here. No one will ever know. LOL!

16 hrs a day? Sounds like part-time for you and Wally!

As for our friend Dave Westhem - he competes only in the Best In The Desert race series. The truck is prepped up in Las Vegas by Tony McCormack, out of his home-based shop MAC-West. Dave has had good results in the last few years (winning the BITD Championship in Class 8 in '99). He finished second to Kyle Taylor last year, and looks to repeat the same this year as Kyle & Co. are just rompin' through this season.

Rumor has it that Westhem. may be taking a break from competition next year. Time will tell.

Keep up the great work Dave! Get some sleep soon! Sounds like the TT winner at the 1000 better be thanking Advance Machine Dynamics in the winner's circle.

Take Care!

Tony

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Hey Tony,
Thats just what you need....................................... another project! =)

Racers only