how come there arent more races in barstow??

dezertboy69

Reaction
with some of the best terrain around and absolutely nobody to complain about dust or any of that... why not more races out at outlet center drive?? does the city coucil have something to do with it?? are they limiting the amount of events out there??

9rocky

Reaction
I believe the BLM only authorizes a certain amount of permits for races each year.

dezertboy69

Reaction
do the poker runs out at slash x cut into that as well or is it just sanctioned desert races??

dezertgirl

"RDC's Social Butterfly"
Reaction
There are a decent amount of races in Barstow... :confused: Perhaps its that the terrain gets old and people enjoy more variety racing so the different series try to seek out as many different spots as possible.

MDR California Series

Feb 7 - Wild Wash 250 - Barstow (Course A)
Apr 4 - Mojave 250 - Barstow (Course B)

May 16 - Ridgecrest 200 - Ridgecrest
Jun 27 - MDR 400 - Lucerne Valley (Course A)
Aug 15 - California 200 (Night Race) - Lucerne Valley (Course A)
Sep 26 - Lucerne 250 - Lucerne Valley (Course B)
Nov 7 - Stoddard 250 - Barstow (Course B)

MORE Series

Jan 24, 2009 Course B Barstow, CA

March 21, 2009 Course A Barstow, CA

May 23, 2009 Course A Lucerne, CA

July 18, 2009 Course B Barstow, CA

Sept 12, 2009 Course B Lucerne, CA

Oct 10, 2009 4th Annual Powder Puff Barstow, CA

Dec 5, 2009 Holiday 200 Course A Barstow, CA

:D:D:D:D:D

tim_krueger

Reaction
there are 6 or 7 car/truck there a year already

that blm office also handles lucenre valley. last time i talked to the top blm guy he mentioned that between barstow and lucenre they had sanctioned events on 50 weekends a year.

dezertboy69

Reaction
yeah i guess the big summer time gap can be attributed to the heat. it kills drivers and cars alike!

BRINGTHERUCKUS

Nimrod de PMC
Reaction
Is this a serious question? there is a race in barstow every month, usually 2 a month....
not to mention the course is a hell hole.
If a place needed more races its parker, 3 a year, only 1 car and truck race. a fall race from Score or another body would be cool

Tundranation

Reaction
There are a decent amount of races in Barstow... :confused: Perhaps its that the terrain gets old and people enjoy more variety racing so the different series try to seek out as many different spots as possible.

MDR California Series

Feb 7 - Wild Wash 250 - Barstow (Course A)
Apr 4 - Mojave 250 - Barstow (Course B)

May 16 - Ridgecrest 200 - Ridgecrest
Jun 27 - MDR 400 - Lucerne Valley (Course A)
Aug 15 - California 200 (Night Race) - Lucerne Valley (Course A)
Sep 26 - Lucerne 250 - Lucerne Valley (Course B)
Nov 7 - Stoddard 250 - Barstow (Course B)

MORE Series

Jan 24, 2009 Course B Barstow, CA

March 21, 2009 Course A Barstow, CA

May 23, 2009 Course A Lucerne, CA

July 18, 2009 Course B Barstow, CA

Sept 12, 2009 Course B Lucerne, CA

Oct 10, 2009 4th Annual Powder Puff Barstow, CA

Dec 5, 2009 Holiday 200 Course A Barstow, CA

:D:D:D:D:D
Nice post, good info ! :D

matt_helton

Racer
Reaction
just wait till next year when they close lucerne down. then we will only have barstow locally to race in. its gonna be ugly.

snapwill

Reaction
I would count our blessings that we still do have some "local" races. If the goverment had their way (which we all know they are trying to do everyday) we probably wont have any local races at all. Its only a matter of time:(

GunnSlinger

Captain Backpack
Reaction
with some of the best terrain around and absolutely nobody to complain about dust or any of that... why not more races out at outlet center drive?? does the city coucil have something to do with it?? are they limiting the amount of events out there??
..... my guess is that it's too hokey.... :eek:

dezertboy69

Reaction
i really hope they dont close down lucerne!! that would suck!! i would like to see score sanction a race in barstow but i think those days are long gone.

brake4nobody

Reaction
Is this a serious question? there is a race in barstow every month, usually 2 a month....
not to mention the course is a hell hole.
If a place needed more races its parker, 3 a year, only 1 car and truck race. a fall race from Score or another body would be cool
..what he said!