• Forum membership has its advantages....

How Did It Start

chevydude7

Hey I was just going through all the builds of prerunners and I was wondering how the heck do people learn how to do all of this stuff? How did you guys start out? I'm wanting to learn a lot more about trucks but i'm not sure how I would go by learning how to fab and things of that nature. If you guys could share with me how you learned all of this stuff that would be great.

Petepecas

Youre on the right path.....you start by asking a bunch of questions...then you buy a welder and a tube bender.....

QurtysLyn

Youre on the right path.....you start by asking a bunch of questions...then you buy a welder and a tube bender.....
And then you start making mistakes... and then you learn how to fix them. :)

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Had something to do with losing a bet.....still paying it off for over 40 years.

3G RACING

Just remember that there is no such thing as a stupid question.
If your trying to fab something or want to start, just remember there will be a lot of trial and error.
Your on the right path, RDC is full of people like me that learned alot from off road simply by sitting behind the computer!

Ol' Curmudgeon

RDC's resident crackpot
There are a few race shops in your area, like the McCallums, Offer to sweep up, and then you can pick up some knowledge. Good luck!

JEFFRPM

Non Sugar Coated
Honestly you find a shop hang around sweeping floors cleaning out coolers [that will make a fly puke] washing chase trucks,semis,prerunners,bathrooms etc. keep your mouth shut [god gave you 2 ears and 1 mouth] speak when spoken to, shower every day, do not take advantage of wearing the team colors, be prepared to get dirty,yelled at, mother fkkkd,and If the team wins a race get your Running shoes on cause your going to need them PARTY ON.

randy s

depends on if you want to be an innovator or just copy others designs. regardless, you'll need to tool up first.