How did you do that?

Kartman

Media Goon
Reaction
I am often asked that question about my photos from racers, fans and fellow photo dorks. Well I decided to start documenting how I do it all. The first installment is at the link below and it details my week in Baja, preparing for and shooting the 500.

http://durkadurka.net/blog/?p=30#more-30

Here a few shots from the story.

Rory

Crayola Killer
Reaction
Hmmmm, and this whole time I thought it was alcohol and strippers! Who knew! Good stuff Kartman.

Forty1Racing

Reaction
Very cool! your photos alway impress!

DanDan

Reaction
Quite a story Matt. Nice read. You are a braver man than me. I wondered about the whole idea of trying to sit in the breakers while shooting. Thanks for sharing your experience.

kim

Rescue 3
Reaction
OMG, The pictures are just amazing! The stories are fascinating. I loved the part about the panxxx (boat). Matt you are so talented.

nohandslance

Reaction
Great post. Can we get some photos of the taco stand you mentioned in the write-up. Food pics = good.

Danny Alcala

Reaction
i might of misread but do you go down there by yourself?
cool story!

Detbohica

Reaction
great read, and photos....Nice adventure.

Tipracer

Reaction
I totally remember that hill climb heading to hw3 .... we stopped there for a bit to suck in the scenery...how about the crazy lean you took getting up?? Great story

4130Clothing

Reaction
Wow you went on quite the mission! Best photos I've seen though that boat idea was freakin genius. Has anyone ever done that before? I don't think I've ever seen any photos shot from that side of the beach actually.